Democrats are admitting Obama guilty of abuse of power

Gary K

Banned
In the impeachment hearing the accusation of abuse of power against Trump boomeranged big time on the Democrats when John Radcliffe pointed out that Obama asked several foreign countries to investigate Donald Trump during the presidential campaign. That was Obama directly seeking to destroy a political opponent.

I want to recognize my colleague from Georgia, Mr. Johnson’s question, that he asked before. Is it ever okay to invite a foreign government to become involved in an election involving a political opponent? The answer is yes! It better be. We do it all the time. Have you that quickly forgotten how the Trump/Russia investigation proceeded? The Obama administration asked Great Britain and Italy and Australia and other countries to assist in its investigation of a person who was a political opponent from the opposite party. I keep hearing over and over again, “You can’t investigate political opponents.” We have a member of this committee [Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA)] who was — as a member of this committee and the intelligence committee, investigating his political opponent, Donald Trump, at the very moment he was running to replace him as president. My colleague on the intel committee, Mr. [Joaquin] Castro, was investigating President Trump at the same time his brother [Julián] was running to replace President Trump. President Trump is the only one with the really legitimate reason to be doing it. He is the chief executive. We are in the judiciary committee, right? We do understand the Constitution, we do understand that the president as the unitary executive is the executive branch, and all power of the executive branch derives from the president. And the president can and should ask for assistance from foreign governments in ongoing criminal investigations. There was an ongoing criminal investigation into what happened in 2016. The Attorney General, [William] Barr, at the time of the July 25th call [with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky] had, long before that appointed U.S. Attorney John Durham to investigate exactly that issue. It wasn’t just appropriate, it was absolutely the president’s constitutional duty.​

The rest of this article can be found here.

Now, if there is any, and I mean, any, integrity in the Democrats they must ask for Obama to be prosecuted for doing worse than Donald Trump did. Why worse? Because Trump asked Zelensky about Zelensky's efforts to clean up the corruption in Zelensky's country.

It was Biden who threatened withholding aid if the Ukranians didn't stop investigating corruption in their own country. As usual it's like looking into a funhouse mirror with the Democrats. Everything they charge their political opponents with is what they have been doing themselves.

Jerry Shugart

Funny why we aren't hearing from the progressives on this forum who previously defended the FBI's attempt to spy on the Trump campaign by seeking a bogus FISA warrant!