Deeply fascinated

S

Strefanash

I am 53, of an intellectual cast of mind, work as a wood worker, semi skilled, making pallets crates and bins. I am deeply fascinated by theology and have been a christian now for nearly 34 years.

So I find myself in yet another internet discussion forum and am wondering if this will be any different from the others.

If not there is no point staying . . . . . . .

I am a protestant by doctrine but hold that our lives show we disbelieve what we preach. And so we are not so different from those we quarrel with, namely the catholics.

Then again some debates are simply not worth entering for the positions have been entrenched, in some cases for over 1000 years

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am 53, of an intellectual cast of mind, work as a wood worker, semi skilled, making pallets crates and bins. I am deeply fascinated by theology and have been a christian now for nearly 34 years.

So I find myself in yet another internet discussion forum and am wondering if this will be any different from the others.

I am a protestant by doctrine but hold that our lives show we disbelieve what we preach. And so we are not so different from those we quarrel with, namely the catholics.

Then again some debates are simply not worth entering for the positions have been entrenched, in some cases for over 1000 years

Welcome Stref...

Pull up a log and sit by the fire a spell. Care for a warm biscuit and some fresh preserves?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
stick around
and
you will find what you are looking for

it won't take long
if
you are looking for an excuse to leave
but
it will take longer to find an excuse to stay

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
welcome-2.gif
to the big show!

S

Strefanash

For my sins I was a classical musician in a symphony orchestra, playing double bass. Then I upped and left and outraged my colleagues.

Professional music is too much like competitive sports which I have always hated.

Should I admit to this career to give the impression that I am versed in the fine arts

One In Christ

For my sins I was a classical musician in a symphony orchestra, playing double bass. Then I upped and left and outraged my colleagues.

Professional music is too much like competitive sports which I have always hated.

Should I admit to this career to give the impression that I am versed in the fine arts

Kinda late isn't it?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

why don't you just admit to being frustrated?

S

Strefanash

take a look at my name panel. I am a LEFT winger; and though a protestant I have latin slogan. Not only that but though I might disagree with Igatius Loyola he had one view of God that I exult in: that God is SANCTUS ET TERRIBILUS.

And though left wing I am a loyal monarchist and devoted subject to the Queen Empress Elizabeth II (in her capacity as Monarch of New Zealand, my birth place and residence - but my home is heaven not some nation state)

I am also a Russophile but with more sense than to seek to live there, and view God most seriously as Tsar and Autocrat of Heaven.

Oh, yes, I am a history buff. It is more interesting than fiction which i no longer bother reading.

But Church History, of which I have also ready widely, I find the best incentive to atheism there is. I am ashamed of what we have done to the gospel of christ over 2000 years.

If you think me weird you think me no more so than I think myelf

S

Strefanash

why don't you just admit to being frustrated?

Alas my attitude to the whole business is much more complicated than that . Were it simple i would have dropped the thing easily
instead of agonizing for years over it

bybee

You already did.

S

Strefanash

BTW Strefanash is my given name Stephen (but I prefer Steve) in the language I have invented for the fantasy novel I may never finish now.

It goes like this

Stephen
Stefanos (Classical Greek)
Stefanas (Koine Greek)

then i add an R and a H

Strefanash - stress is on the first syllable in my language Ancient Achmandarian

NewDay

The only thing that counts, is encouraging one another in love...and, this is why I am here.