Cruz and Trump collaboration in the works?

jeffblue101

http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2016/11/16/trump-cruz-meet-trump-tower/
NEW YORK — Sen. Ted Cruz met Tuesday with Donald Trump, saying he looks forward to helping the president-elect — and sidestepping a question about whether he'd like to be part of the new administration.

"I look forward to working hard to help lead the fight to actually accomplish the conservative agenda that Donald Trump and Mike Pence and Republicans across this country campaigned and promised the voters to deliver," he said.

Cruz emerged from an elevator at Trump Tower about two hours after he'd entered unseen. Outside, in front of a Gucci window displaying sweaters and coats, he spoke briefly with reporters camped out all day for a glimpse of the aides, advisers, supplicants and potential Cabinet members coming and going.

"This election was a mandate for change," Cruz said when asked why he'd come. "The American people rose up and spoke overwhelmingly to say that the path we're on, it didn't work. And they want change, and they have given Republicans a historic opportunity — putting a Republican in the White House, electing a Republican House and a Republican Senate. And it is now time for us to deliver.

At Trump Tower, asked if he'd like a spot in the administration, Cruz didn't answer directly.
"I am looking forward to fighting hard, to actually accomplish and deliver the promises we made," he said. "It is time for us to turn this economy around, it is time for us to protect the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and I look forward to working very closely with the president-elect, the vice president-elect to repeal Obamacare and to confirm a strong conservative Supreme Court justice to protect the rights of all Americans."

Before Cruz emerged, spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said in a statement Tuesday afternoon that he was "pleased" to meet with Trump and looks forward to helping the new administration on a number of fronts: repealing Obamacare, appointing conservative judges, securing the border, and delivering on the "clear mandate to `drain the swamp' in Washington."

so far I've heard that Cruz is in consideration for Supreme Court :banana: and Attorney General both positions he is more than qualified for.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I still believe that Ted Cruz only supported Donald Trump near the end of the long going election process to save his own political hide. While Cruz loves this country, he knows all too well that Donald Trump is a sociopath.

Why would Cruz want to be a part of a Trump administration?

Someone trustworthy needs to be nearby to tighten the straitjacket now and again.

trumpstraitjacket-red2.jpg

http://www.trumpsickness.com/trumpstraitjacket-red2.jpg

jeffblue101

update:
http://www.redstate.com/patterico/2...z-absolutely-accept-supreme-court-nomination/
But another source close to Cruz said that while he is eager to help the new administration, he hasn’t committed to any new position.

Cruz hinted at his openness to joining the court Friday at a legal conference.

“Ted Cruz would absolutely accept it if offered a seat on the court,” said a transition insider.

Phil Kerpen ✔ @kerpen
Cruz world source tells me Cruz has told Trump he will accept Supreme Court seat if offered.

Still, Trump should consider actually offering the spot to Cruz. Perhaps no other single move could do as much to heal the rift in the Republican Party. I feel confident that I speak for many other admirers of Ted Cruz — people who supported Cruz during the primary, and strongly opposed Trump — that nominating Cruz would be a gesture that might actually bring the party together.

And it would be a fantastic move for fans of the Constitution and limited government. Cruz is 45 years old and absolutely unwavering. He would be there for decades, and could help shape the Court’s jurisprudence in ways that would benefit the country in countless ways.