Crow's Pick 8-6-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

:first: POTD, Turbo! :BRAVO:

flogger said:
I think TheologyOnline needs to get rid of reputation because the use of reputation is completely arbitrary.
Your next sentence reveals that you don't really think it's arbitrary:
I'm not clear how it is used-the only thing I know is that because I am not the same mindset as the evangelical,right wing, and fundamentalist Christians I lose reputation.
Those who present themselves as Christians who also promote the most vile, wicked sins should lose reputation among fellow Christians even more so than unbelievers.

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person. 1 Corinthians 5:9-11

who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. Romans 1:32​

This seems a bit ridiculous for a website that is supposed to be unbiased.
:rotfl:

I have been feeling this bias towards those who aren't evangelical, fundamentalist and right-wing Christians for awhile now...
Wonderful! :up:

Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear. 1 Timothy 5:20

Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1​

:crow: Context :bannana:

Crow

I have to wait--I already bad repped him for encouraging another Christian to continue in an immoral lifestyle.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Crow said:
I have to wait--I already bad repped him for encouraging another Christian to continue in an immoral lifestyle.

Yeah, I'd say that's up there as one of the top reasons bad rep somebody. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.