Crazy News thread

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I remember a line about great white sharks (might have been from the movie Jaws).

If they had a brain, they would be dangerous!
(The great white's brain is tiny, barely the size of a pea. )

Mocking You

OK, raise your hand if you’ve ever had the kind of night out that stretches into the next morning, the kind where you don’t greet the new day as much as you just try not to barf on its shoes? And keep those hands up if you’ve ever stumbled into work still drunk, taken your shirt off and then passed out facedown in your own office? Just you, Philip Maschek?

The 50-year-old Arkansas air traffic controller....

Continued:

http://roadwarriorvoices.com/2015/0...rtless-unconscious-on-floor-of-control-tower/

The Berean

Wow, just wow. And here the media is telling us the Millennials are the most educated generation ever! :rotfl:

Last edited:

PureX

Wow, just wow. And here the media is telling us the Millennials are he most educated generation ever!
Well, in their defense, they are kids, there to learn. Maybe it would be more realistic to ask those questions of the graduating seniors. Though I sadly suspect it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

I think what we're seeing, here, is the result of a culture that's obsessed with materialism and personal pleasure. And that's therefor nearly totally unconcerned about anything else.

The Berean

Well, in their defense, they are kids, there to learn. Maybe it would be more realistic to ask those questions of the graduating seniors. Though I sadly suspect it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

I would think that these smart college kids would read on their own and/or watch the news on TV and the Internet to learn about current events. TOLer Christian Liberty is knowledgeable about current events and I think he's only 18-19 years old?

I think what we're seeing, here, is the result of a culture that's obsessed with materialism and personal pleasure. And that's therefor nearly totally unconcerned about anything else.
So basically the typical college kid. :chuckle:

giphy.gif