Comey busted!

ClimateSanity

theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/05/23/massive-contradiction-john-brennan-completely-contradicts-fbi-director-james-comey-on-congressional-notification/

Massive Contradiction – John Brennan Completely Contradicts FBI Director James Comey on Congressional Notification…

Today former CIA Director John Brennan testified to congress on the Russian counter-intelligence operation which began in July 2016.* Today, John Brennan completely contradicted the March 20th, 2017, testimony of former FBI Director James Comey.

ClimateSanity

What's the contradiction?
Here are a few pertinent quotes from Brennan and Comey:

Rep. Stefanik: [01:12] …”when did you notify the White House, the DNI or congressional leadership”?

James Comey: …”good question. Congressional leadership, sometime recently they were briefed on the nature of the investigation, as I said. Obviously the department of justice has been aware of it all along”…
Brennan: [13:35] “Third, through the so-called Gang-of-Eight process we kept congress apprised of these issues as we identified them.”

“Again, in consultation with the White House, I PERSONALLY briefed the full details of our understanding of Russian attempts to interfere in the election to congressional leadership; specifically: Senators Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, Dianne Feinstein and Richard Burr; and to representatives Paul Ryan, Nancy Pelosi, Devin Nunes and Adam Schiff between 11th August and 6th September [2016], I provided the same briefing to each of the gang of eight members.”

“Given the highly sensitive nature of what was an active counter-intelligence case [that means the FBI], involving an ongoing Russian effort, to interfere in our presidential election, the full details of what we knew at the time were shared only with those members of congress; each of whom was accompanied by one senior staff member.”…

August 11 through September 6 is not recent.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
And shaggy rapped "It wasn't me".

You are as pathetic as their is on this board. What a long tumble you have made.
I don't know where that came from. The opening post didn't say what the contradiction was so I asked. :idunno:

rexlunae

Comey seemed to see his primary mission as being to protect the reputation of FBI, and to a lesser extent, the Justice Department. And it is a valid goal, but it shouldn't be the primary one. That's why he sent the letter to Congress that Jason Chaffetz immediately leaked: he was worried that if he didn't say something and it turned out that there was an ongoing investigation, people would have criticized his organization for politicization. So he wrote a letter, broke department policy, and changed an election, because he was worried about the politics of how they might look for remaining silent. And now the point is moot. I would have liked to know, for instance, a lot more about the Russia investigation during the actual election, but apparently Comey knows how to follow department policy when it comes to Trump.