Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Comets II

This is the show from Friday March 26th, 2010.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW
[The intelligent design deniers] don't have a viable scientifically sound explanation based on evidence of how these short-period, low-energy comets can come into being. They don't have a way they could be birthed. We don't see them being birthed. And yet the population we have right now will be gone in 10,000 years and they're supposing our universe has been around for billions of years. They are in a very big scientific pickle and they accuse us of being nutcases.

SUMMARY:

* Kevin Lea and Bob Enyart Discuss the Launch of Comets: Kevin Lea, with his background in nuclear physics, concludes his discussion with Bob about comets, their short lifespans, their composition and orbits, all of which show that comets originated from Earth. The Bible records that the fountains of the great deep broke forth and flooded the Earth and, as it turns out, launched comets into space!

TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT: PERSONHOOD ON THE BALLOT!! CONGRATULATIONS to Leslie Hanks and Gualberto Garcia-Jones of Colorado RTL and Personhood Colorado! The Colorado Secretary of State has certified that Personhood Amendment 62, Definition of Person, will appear on the statewide ballot in November!

Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? Or will you stay in your comfort zone? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.

Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!

Jukia

Comets II

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW

SUMMARY:

* Kevin Lea and Bob Enyart Discuss the Launch of Comets: Kevin Lea, with his background in nuclear physics, concludes his discussion with Bob about comets, their short lifespans, their composition and orbits, all of which show that comets originated from Earth. The Bible records that the fountains of the great deep broke forth and flooded the Earth and, as it turns out, launched comets into space!

TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT: PERSONHOOD ON THE BALLOT!! CONGRATULATIONS to Leslie Hanks and Gualberto Garcia-Jones of Colorado RTL and Personhood Colorado! The Colorado Secretary of State has certified that Personhood Amendment 62, Definition of Person, will appear on the statewide ballot in November!

Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? Or will you stay in your comfort zone? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.

Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!

More Walt Brown and comets? I'm still waiting for a rational response to the question of what happened to all the energy in the 1.2 million H-bombs per foot of the mid ocean ridge???

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
More Walt Brown and comets? I'm still waiting for a rational response to the question of what happened to all the energy in the 1.2 million H-bombs per foot of the mid ocean ridge???
Click HERE.

Flipper

Comets II

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW
[The intelligent design deniers] don't have a viable scientifically sound explanation based on evidence of how these short-period, low-energy comets can come into being....

Newsflash for Jefferson (and possibly Bob), not one of the major movers and shakers in the intelligent design movement believe that the earth or the universe is young. The closest you get to a YEC is Phillip Johnson (the lawyer) who remains decidedly coy on the issue.

I'm reading William Dembski's latest book The End of Christianity right now. I seem to recall Bob Enyart talking approvingly about the Discovery Institute Fellow Dembski's great intellect in an RSF past.

This is what Dembski has to say on the subject of YEC:
The Young Earth solution to reconciling the order of creation with natural history makes good exegetical and theological sense. Indeed, the overwhelming consensus of theologians up through the reformation held to this view. I myself would adopt it in a heartbeat, except that nature seems to present such strong evidence against it....

...When young earth creationists challenge uniformitarianism, they seem less interested in understanding nature on its own terms than in devising loopholes to support an otherwise untenable position. The layers of ice cores, for instance, admits a straightforward interpretation suggesting tens of thousands of annual layers. Young Earth Creationists argue that this interpretation is incorrect, not by presenting a compelling vision of what actually happened but by raising doubts about the interpretation. Maybe they are right- I'm not an expert in the relevant fields. But as an expert in logic and critical reasoning, I find this mode of argumentation troubling. Anyone without a stake in the age of the earth, it seems to me, is unlikely to find such arguments persuasive. A good reality check in such discussions is to ask yourself what age you would estimate if you didn't feel the need to square the age of the earth with a young earth interpretation of Genesis 1-11...

Enjoy your comets, boys!

Granite

Hall of Fame
:rotfl:

Comets from space from a flood. Sounds like the premise for an Ed Wood movie.

Do some people actually believe this stuff?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Newsflash for Jefferson (and possibly Bob), not one of the major movers and shakers in the intelligent design movement believe that the earth or the universe is young. The closest you get to a YEC is Phillip Johnson (the lawyer) who remains decidedly coy on the issue.

I'm reading William Dembski's latest book The End of Christianity right now. I seem to recall Bob Enyart talking approvingly about the Discovery Institute Fellow Dembski's great intellect in an RSF past.

This is what Dembski has to say on the subject of YEC:

Enjoy your comets, boys!

Flipper: Well, it seems that Satan has now taken control of Dr. Dembski's soul.

:rotfl:

Comets from space from a flood. Sounds like the premise for an Ed Wood movie.

Do some people actually believe this stuff?

Pastor Bob among others.

Sad, isn't it? And a little goofy.
Wow. The atheists have got nothing on this one, eh? :plain:

Flipper knows a Christian who isn't YEC and that's somehow a response?

:kook:

Flipper

Wow. The atheists have got nothing on this one, eh? :plain:

Flipper knows a Christian who isn't YEC and that's somehow a response?

:kook:

It was in response to Jefferson who keeps referring to people who believe in an old earth (particularly as comets have nothing to do with evolution in the biological sense) as "intelligent design deniers".

I was pointing out that practically the entirety of the Discovery Institute who spearhead the intelligent design movement are Old Earthers, and that there's a very good logical argument to be made for accepting the old earth POV.

I haven't heard either you or Jefferson address Dembski's question, and I'm interested to know what you think, so here it is again:

A good reality check in such discussions is to ask yourself what age you would estimate if you didn't feel the need to square the age of the earth with a young earth interpretation of Genesis 1-11...

As for me, I don't know much about comets and I fail to see how this demonstrates a young earth or the accuracy of hydroplate theory, even if Walt is right and there is some extra mass in the solar system that pulls certain comets back before schedule.

As far as I can tell, all it demonstrates is that there is some additional mass in the solar system that has not been accounted for. It hardly validates hydroplate theory which has, as we've discussed, other serious problems.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was in response to Jefferson who keeps referring to people who believe in an old earth (particularly as comets have nothing to do with evolution in the biological sense) as "intelligent design deniers".

OK .. some people who can recognise design still believe random mutations created all life we see. Point taken.

I was pointing out that practically the entirety of the Discovery Institute who spearhead the intelligent design movement are Old Earthers, and that there's a very good logical argument to be made for accepting the old earth POV.

GREAT! I can make logical arguments for the existence of china teapots in space as well.

I haven't heard either you or Jefferson address Dembski's question, and I'm interested to know what you think, so here it is again:
Who?

As for me, I don't know much about comets and I fail to see how this demonstrates a young earth or the accuracy of hydroplate theory, even if Walt is right and there is some extra mass in the solar system that pulls certain comets back before schedule.
Perhaps with a tiny bit more study... :)

As far as I can tell, all it demonstrates is that there is some additional mass in the solar system that has not been accounted for. It hardly validates hydroplate theory which has, as we've discussed, other serious problems.

:idunno:

So you really do have nothing?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Uh, dude .. the case has been made. The response has been found wanting. The ball is still in your court.

Status
Not open for further replies.