Clete's POTD 7-22-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by 1Way

Hilston's designer/planner does not imply culpability, is without integrity, righteousness is not arbitrary.

Consider another designer/planner, Hitler, for example. Did he personally murder and terrorize millions of Jews, or was he the presiding authority (designer/dictator/planner) over the holocaust? Of course the answer is obvious. Yet, if we take Hilston's designer is not morally culpable mentality, Hitler did not cause anything, Hitler is guilt free of the holocaust, and that is rediculous.

What does the bible teach about moral plans and the issue of moral culpability? Consider this.
  • Mt 5:28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Sounds morally culpable to me, even though no physical thing was caused, just a personal desire in concept only.

Hilston, if you have not listened to Clete's call into Bob Enyart live, you should, Bob and Clete does a good job generally arguing against your view that holds that absolute right and wrong do not exist. My latest for you from that show bolsters my point that I already made that God holds Himself accountable to Himself like when He swears by Himself since there is none greater than Himself to swear by. The bolstering comes in when Bob teaches
  • De 19:15 "One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established.

Mt 18:16 "But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’

Joh 5:30 "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
    31 "If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true.
    32 "There is another who bears witness of Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses of Me is true.
God even says that His testimony is not TRUE (~ valid) if it is not righteously corroborated by the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses. So God not only swears by Himself since there is none higher to swear by, He also holds Himself to His own standard of justice saying that concerning matters of moral conviction, even God's testimony is not true, it is not just or binding unless it is backed up by 2 or 3 witnesses.

Hitler's plans and personal authority over the Holocaust makes him culpable even if he only murdered in his own heart. God does not arbitrarily say what is right and wrong, absolute righteousness comes from God's eternal and faithful character, which necessarily applies to Himself, it applies to all things. God is righteous, it is one of His attributes, it describes who God is. It is a blasphemous idea to say that God is not righteous objectively or by His character.

CONTEXT

Now that's some truth smakin' !!!
:Clete: :Clete: :Clete:

Status
Not open for further replies.