Cities Across America Creating Rainbow Crosswalks to Celebrate ‘LGBTQ Pride’

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Cities Across America Creating Rainbow Crosswalks to Celebrate ‘LGBTQ Pride’

Several American cities recently approved the creation of rainbow crosswalks to celebrate “LGBTQ pride,” and homosexual advocacy groups are circulating petitions to request that more cities paint their crosswalks with the “diversity” stripes.

Houston, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia and Washington, D.C. created rainbow crosswalks to coincide with their June homosexual pride events. In Atlanta, the display will be permanent.

“I believe that symbols of unity matter,” Mayor Kasim Reed said in a statement. “In recognition of the outstanding and ongoing contributions of Atlanta’s LGBTQ community to our city, I am pleased to announce today that the city will install the rainbow crosswalks at the intersection of Piedmont Avenue and 10th Street year-round.”

“This intersection in Midtown is recognized for its history as a hub for Atlanta’s LGBTQ community, and it is fitting that such an important and recognizable place should feature the rainbow flag,” he remarked. “We must never forget that love defeats hate, and light defeats the darkness.”

In Houston, friends of a man who was killed in a hit-and-run in the city requested permission to paint the crosswalk at Westheimer Road and Taft Street in rainbow stripes.

“While this project was initially requested by friends of Alex Hill, the idea behind the crosswalk is to also honor the support and friendship many find in Houston’s LGBT community,” Matthew Brollier, one of the men behind the effort, told KPRC-TV.

“The hope is that the crosswalk serves as a marker of encouragement to all Houstonians and visitors in recognizing the city as a welcoming place, open to all people, and one that celebrates its diversity, with a nod to the neighborhood’s place in Houston’s LGBT history,” he said.

And in Washington, D.C., the Department of Transportation (DDOT) approved a request to paint a rainbow crosswalk at 17th Street NW to celebrate “LGBT Pride Month” and to coincide with the city’s pride parade.

A number of other cities already have permanent striped crosswalks in certain so-called “gayborhoods,” including in San Francisco (2014), West Hollywood (2012), Philadelphia (2015), Seattle (2015) and Miami Beach (2016).

Homosexual advocacy groups are pushing for crosswalks to now also be painted in New York City, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale and Milwaukee, circulating petitions calling for the pavement rainbow designs as a show of solidarity with homosexual residents.

“This is one small thing that could be done to signal to one of the most marginalized communities in the country that we are here for them, we see them, and we support them,” reads one of the petitions.

However, not everyone thinks the crosswalks are a good idea, and some find it to be one more means of openly and unashamedly celebrating sin.

“You know, I don’t have a problem with your sexuality, but when you start pushing it down our throats, that’s when it [upsets me],” one commenter wrote.

“Personally, the painting of crosswalks is stupid as we don’t paint them for all the other events in our communities. If we truly want equality we need to stop placing people or groups above each other,” another opined.

“So then I guess it’s okay to have crosses for a crosswalk. Just saying,” a third remarked.

“And this is what your tax dollars go to. When the Lord comes, there is no rainbow in Hell,” another stated.

Genesis 9:12 God said, "This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; 13 I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. 14"It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud..

Satan loves to pervert the things of God and gays love to stick up their middle finger to God while reminding Him that He promised not to destroy the world again. Thats my opinion on why they hijacked the rainbow to use for themselves.. well and the fact that children love rainbows, what better way to both push it in Gods face and recruit more gays from the young?

Sickness. If i lived near any of those cities i would in chalk write Genesis 9:12-13 all around it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
islam%20for%20gays.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The point is your feigned outrage and you are a hypocrite. You shake your fist at God (his name is Jesus), and align yourself with whomever will do the same. Which is homos can be aligned with Islam.

rexlunae

The point is your feigned outrage and you are a hypocrite.

I'm neither feigning nor expressing outrage. I know better with you lot. I'm just asking questions. And it's an odd connection to try to make given the situation.

You shake your fist at God (his name is Jesus), and align yourself with whomever will do the same.

There is no god, and I don't shake my first at figments of other peoples' imaginations.

Which is homos can be aligned with Islam.

Or Christians. Or anyone. The point?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Rainbow is the Church's symbol, it's the Trinity's symbol. These toleraters and condoners and sin celebrants are using His own symbol. Christians just need to take back the Rainbow. They can't have it, there's no legal recourse for the Church to make them stop using the Rainbow, so instead we just drown them out, we flood the earth in Rainbow until nobody even remembers that this used to mean quote-unquote pride. It means the Trinity, something the Trinity did, it's a reminder, His reminder, that He won't kill everybody again with a flood. Instead, the Church floods the earth with the Rainbow, which is God's symbol, His living symbol, in the sky.

marhig

So....the point is what? You're pointing out homophobia in Islam in a thread where Christians are showing off their homphobia...why?
It's not homophobic to say that it is wrong before God to commit gay acts. If God says it's wrong (which he does) then it's wrong. No matter how much people try and make it right and ok to do .To do such things is unnatural and goes against the living God!

rexlunae

It's not homophobic to say that it is wrong before God to commit gay acts. If God says it's wrong (which he does) then it's wrong. No matter how much people try and make it right and ok to do .To do such things is unnatural and goes against the living God!

That's just passing the buck. You feel god commands homophobia. That doesn't mean it isn't homophobic.

marhig

That's just passing the buck. You feel god commands homophobia. That doesn't mean it isn't homophobic.
God doesn't command homophobia, he says that it is wrong to commit such acts. That doesn't mean that we treat others badly, we are to speak the truth, and God will judge the heart. And the truth is, that is wrong to commit gay acts according to the living God.

It's up to you whether you believe it or not, but regardless it's still the truth!

rexlunae

God doesn't command homophobia, he says that it is wrong to commit such acts. That doesn't mean that we treat others badly, we are to speak the truth, and God will judge the heart. And the truth is, that is wrong to commit gay acts according to the living God.

It's up to you whether you believe it or not, but regardless it's still the truth!

I don't believe that any gods command anything. If you believe you have a mandate from one, that's your business until you start living out your delusions in other peoples' lives. If you do, we have a problem.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe that any gods command anything. If you believe you have a mandate from one, that's your business until you start living out your delusions in other peoples' lives. If you do, we have a problem.
And your non-gods do command you to violate religious liberties, and all the time; and every time you start living out that delusion in the Church's life, which is all the time, we have a problem.

SSB is IMMORAL.

marhig

You might not believe in God, but there is evidence of him everywhere!

How can you see creation and not believe in God?