Cindy says establishment media legally creates fake news

rexlunae

This is how the media can get away with lying.

The media report the best information they have. Sometimes it isn't right, but that isn't lying. Comey expressed a bit of frustration about the fact that he can't correct the record when he hears something wrong, but I'd bet that every one of the mainstream outlets would love him to do so.

They believe their sources in various bureaucracies when they say they are leaking classified information. Little do they know their informants are free legally to lie about classified information.

Typically, they report as much as they're able what their sources are. It's often pretty vague. But generally, these anonymous leaks have been pretty accurate so far.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
This is not seen to much on the media, heaven forbid....... Mrs. Clooney

rexlunae

This is not seen to much on the media, heaven forbid....... Mrs. Clooney

First of all...a YouTube video of a guy reading an article with an embedded video??? Are you kidding?

Second...

She's not echoing anything the President, or anyone else said. She has her own very powerful voice. Amal Clooney has been a human rights lawyer all her professional career. She's no trophy wife. And she's not in opposition to her husband or liberals in general. Have you somehow already forgotten that American efforts against ISIS began under President Obama?

It's a little hard to hear this breathless, condescension masquerading as praise about her, as if she's getting her understanding from Trump, a man who has openly advocated war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I did not make any assertion like that you chump. All i am pointing out is she is not a suck-up PC type liberal, or screamer, whatever. :loser:

rexlunae

I did not make any assertion like that you chump. All i am pointing out is she is not a suck-up PC type liberal, or screamer, whatever. :loser:

Amal Clooney is pretty darn close to my perfect idea of what a liberal is. If I could be more like her, I would. She's smart, fearless advocate for human rights. Whether you meant to or not, you misrepresented her, and demeaned her as you seemingly attempted to praise her. I don't (well, actually I have a pretty good idea) know where you get your weird ideas about liberals, but if you are surprised by anything there, you've been badly mislead.

There is just so much wrong with this video.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I know enough about liberalism to know the original concept was more related to individualism and free market capitalism.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Any idea politics can be 'correct' is baloney, and it is a means to control peoples' behaviour, which will fail and this is why Trump was elected. He did nit win by votes from only the most wealthy.

rexlunae

I know enough about liberalism to know the original concept was more related to individualism and free market capitalism.

Free market capitalism is more related to neo-liberalism than modern liberalism. Individualism certainly is in there, but there's a lot more to it than that.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Free market capitalism is more related to neo-liberalism than modern liberalism. Individualism certainly is in there, but there's a lot more to it than that.

Yes, lots of radical, 60s left-wing garbage. The majority of people just do not like the message. This is how Donald Trump was elected. What do you think? Five percent of the very wealthy was able to have Trump elected? Are you nuts? Trump was elected because most people dislike all that PC garbage. Even most Democrats, yet they would vote for Clinton because many need more social programs, and need, programs that may end. they do not buy into the PC rhetoric.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

NUTS! Free market capitalism goes back to the eighteenth century, what you call liberal is a 1960s invention.

It is not the new, or neo liberalism.

rexlunae

Yes, lots of radical, 60s left-wing garbage. The majority of people just do not like the message. This is how Donald Trump was elected. What do you think?

I think it's fascinating how many times I've been blamed for the votes that other people placed. I've had so many Trump voters tell me, since the election, that Trump won because of liberals.

Trump won because of a very well-funded disinformation and smear campaign by the Russians, with an assist from a feckless FBI. And Clinton still got a lot more votes. And someday, you need to grow up and take responsibility for your own vote, instead of trying to blame it on me.

Five percent of the very wealthy was able to have Trump elected? Are you nuts?

What are you talking about?

Trump was elected because most people dislike all that PC garbage. Even most Democrats, yet they would vote for Clinton because many need more social programs, and need, programs that may end. they do not buy into the PC rhetoric.

It's no doubt that some people went for that. But most? No, not likely.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think it's fascinating how many times I've been blamed for the votes that other people placed. I've had so many Trump voters tell me, since the election, that Trump won because of liberals.

Trump won because of a very well-funded disinformation and smear campaign by the Russians, with an assist from a feckless FBI. And Clinton still got a lot more votes. And someday, you need to grow up and take responsibility for your own vote, instead of trying to blame it on me.

You are too ignorant and uneducated to argue with any further. you are uninformed on the major issues; your information is more relevant to issues not apparent at the time, and still, today, did not influence the election.

I never thought Trump was best and we have members who know this. He is too emotionally volatile, yet the best fiscal conservative could not get elected today.

I am an arch-capitalist and a paleolibertarian. Look those terms up and maybe we will correspond again, maybe.

quip

BANNED
Banned

What are you talking about?

It's no doubt that some people went for that. But most? No, not likely.

You're making too much sense....watchout you'll get "removed" from CS's thread.

rexlunae

You are too ignorant and uneducated to argue with any further. you are uninformed on the major issues; your information is more relevant to issues not apparent at the time, and still, today, did not influence the election.

Given that you don't seem to even understand the objection to the video you posted yet, I'm not too worried about your assessment of my level of education.

I never thought Trump was best and we have members who know this. He is too emotionally volatile, yet the best fiscal conservative could not get elected today.

So, you decided to vote for the Nazi with the Russian contacts. Smart.

I am an arch-capitalist and a paleolibertarian. Look those terms up and maybe we will correspond again, maybe.

I know well what those are, but it doesn't improve your ignominious comments here.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Amal Clooney is pretty darn close to my perfect idea of what a liberal is. If I could be more like her, I would. She's smart, fearless advocate for human rights. Whether you meant to or not, you misrepresented her, and demeaned her as you seemingly attempted to praise her. I don't (well, actually I have a pretty good idea) know where you get your weird ideas about liberals, but if you are surprised by anything there, you've been badly mislead.

There is just so much wrong with this video.
I'm ideologically extremely liberal, as I'm a big believer in religious liberty and the separation between Church and state, and the right to self-defense, and I'll argue anyone's case no matter what un-criminalized things they may do with their freedoms. But I still struggle to see any right to food, shelter, or to medical care, and neither even to life itself, if you're criminally guilty of grave moral offenses, but, I do see that social welfare is a collective economic investment back into that numerically same collective, and I am wondering if it is improperly directed at the poor, and instead should target economically relevant underachievers and underperformers instead, not strictly decided by income, because I believe that poverty may exist directly because of underachievement (when it is peacetime), because ceteris paribus, underachievers and underperformers will create lower total collective wealth than will achievers and performers, and the condition of lower total collective wealth itself is the proximate cause of poverty.
:e4e:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Herein, Sting talks about underachievement, and how he was permanently cured of any desire to underachieve himself at a young age: he simply glimpsed the Queen Mother one day as a boy.