Christians need to rethink some stuff.

jzeidler

Christian: "God loves me, that's why he's punishing me for sinning earlier."

Battered wife syndrome victim: "My husband loves me, that's why he hit me because I over cooked the eggs earlier."

These two quotes are eerily similar. Maybe it's about time Christians rethink their view of how God treats His wife The Church.

Last edited:

glorydaz

"God loves me, that's why he's punishing me for sinning earlier."

"My husband loves me, that's why he hit me because I over cooked the eggs earlier."

These two quotes are eerily similar. Maybe it's about time Christians rethink their view of how God treats His wife The Church.

I don't know any Christians that say that.

journey

"God loves me, that's why he's punishing me for sinning earlier."

"My husband loves me, that's why he hit me because I over cooked the eggs earlier."

Your imagination is playing tricks on you.

Bradley D

God forgives us for repentant sins. However, we may have to deal with what our sins have done in this world and unto others. It is past sins/we ourselves, not God that is punishing us,

Ben Masada

Battered wife syndrome victim: "My husband loves me, that's why he hit me because I over cooked the eggs earlier."

God has absolutely nothing to do with the Church.

fzappa13

God forgives us for repentant sins. However, we may have to deal with what our sins have done in this world and unto others. It is past sins/we ourselves, not God that is punishing us,

Nicely put. God says we will reap what we sew and so we do. The difference between those who repent and those who do not is that one is forgiven and the other is not.

1Way1Truth1Life

If you take another Christian to court then you are already defeated. Why not rather be wronged. All sins forgiven and forgotten as far as the east is from the west. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Forgive others their sins as the Lord God has forgiven your sins because if you don't God won't forgive you your sins. Love your enemy as yourself. - Quotes from God.

Do you have your hand to the plow and justify looking back?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe it's about time Christians rethink their view of how God treats His wife The Church.

Christ doesn't abuse anyone but someone said he would baptize with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. (Matthew 3:11 NKJV)

...each one’s work will become clear for the Day will declare it because it will be revealed by fire and the fire will test each one’s work of what sort it is. (1 Corinthians 3:13 NKJV)​

If you can't stand the heat...

heir

TOL Subscriber

You need to rethink what it is the saved think. Don't you think?

genuineoriginal

Disciplined child
: "My father loves me, that's why he hit me because I kicked my sister and stole her candy."

These two quotes are eerily similar. Maybe it's about time Christians rethink their view of how God treats His children The Church.
FTFY, and you are welcome :)

genuineoriginal

Wait, what does God need eggs for?
He gives them to His children when they ask for eggs.

Luke 11:11-13
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?​

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Luke 11:11-13...how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Christ is the head of the church.

"For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior" (Ephesians 5:23).

We have come to our position :straight: for such a time as this (Is 54:5, Je 51:5). Stand with Israel (Ge 12:3).
sc_nat-jewish-rabbi.gif

GuySmiley

This is the stupidest thing I'll read all year. I already know that.