Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cattyfan

this post deserves a round of applause:

:
Originally posted by wickwoman

I Worship Nature.

I worship nature because it is the form that comes from the Formless. Though God cannot normally be seen by us during this lifetime, we can observe Her manifestation in nature. This is the expression of the beauty of the Creator and there is a wealth of benefit in observing that beauty whenever you have a moment to spare.

When the moon is full, I enjoy gazing at it and imagining that power is flowing from the moon into me. I take a moment to light a candle in honor of a wish or desire I have for myself or another and I imagine myself channeling the energy of the moon into this desire in hopes it will manifest. I feel invigorated and full of vitality. This is the stuff the universe is made of – this energy. This is the stuff from which we were formed.

When I take a walk in the mornings I enjoy listening to the various sounds of the morning. The neighbor’s rooster welcomes the day. The birds are so joyous at having another opportunity to sing. The traffic on the highway is busily rushing along, cars full of people who are already beginning the rush.

Today, I took a moment every time I had a thought to label it. This is a Buddhist practice. When I heard the birds, I labeled “present.” When I worried if my traveling husband would make it home safely, I labeled “future worry.” When I thought about my dog, Max, and how beautiful he is, I thought “present.” The goal is to have more “present” thoughts than “future worries” or “past regrets.” Enjoying, observing or worshipping nature is an excellent way to have more “present” thoughts.

I can’t recommend more the joy found in worshipping nature and so I openly admit that I do. If that makes me a pagan or a pantheist, then I will proudly reply “I am.” But mostly I know if makes me happier than the skeptical naysayers I see posting so often on TOL. And, as the saying goes “the proof is in the pudding!”

Normally I don't comment on Wickwoman--but I just have to ring in on this one.

There are many "nature worshippers" around, and I have come to think they are probably the most short-sighted of all people, discounting atheists. And the irony of this is, that they wear this myopic belief in nature-worship as if it's some kind of badge of honor!

Nature, as beautiful and majestic as it can be, is simply a reflection of the GOD who created it. If one is a fully mature, intelligent, right-thinking person, isn't it a bit RIDICULOUS to worship the creature instead of the Creator of the creature?

I mean, come on! Even a grade school kid can work this one out.

--Ya'nar

for context, go here: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14327&perpage=15&pagenumber=14 (I still haven't learned how to make those one word links!)

Last edited:
C

cattyfan

thanks, Turbo. I can't believe I still occasionally need TOL 101!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great pic, catty!

Status
Not open for further replies.