Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Caller Defends Benny Hinn

Tuesday September 27th, 2005. This is show # 192.

BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW:
When you tell people that their physical healing is an inheritance of their salvation and then they don't get healed, they tend to doubt their salvation. And that's a direct result of a false teaching.
From Steve Wagner of http://jfaweb.org :
If the unborn is growing it must be alive. And if it has human parents it must be human. And living humans or human beings like you and I are valuable, aren’t they? In fact, the unborn has everything within itself to develop itself through all the stages of human development. All it needs is adequate nutrition and proper environment and, of course, that’s all you and I need as well. And the reason that sexism and racism are wrong is really because we are ignoring an underlying similarity, something we all have equally, but the only quality that we all have equally is that we’re human and of course our human nature and of course the unborn have that as well. So if we’re going to respect women and African-Americans, we should also respect the unborn.

koban

Well, two smart-a** responses come readily to mind.

Is Benny Hind defensible?

And who respects women and African-Americans? :devil:

(don't tell Purex I said that)

(or Wickwoman)

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Bob E---When you tell people that their physical healing is an inheritance of their salvation and then they don't get healed, they tend to doubt their salvation. And that's a direct result of a false teaching.

That is it in a nutshell. It is why Benny H and the rest of the miracle pimps make me ill. These guys tell people God has "promised you healing and wealth", therefore he owes it to you! You yell "jump", and God asks "how high?". One guy on the same station as Bob constantly pimps "giving for miracles", or, "giving to get". You've heard it, "plant a seed", and get a physical or financial miracle. Usually they base the healing part on Isaiah, or 1 Peter, "with His stripes we are healed" and tie it directly to salvation. They love to say, "you are as healed as you are saved". Well, as Bob pointed out so clearly and as I have thought a hundred times myself, what about people who claim to be saved and have physical problems? The blind person and the wheelchair bound person at Benny's alter call left the alter saved presumably... but also blind, and in a wheel chair. (and they didn't switch places... :hammer: LOL!! Bob kills me) So we must ask, were they really saved, or is the teaching of healing going hand in hand with salvation wrong? One or the other! Especially in THIS case! God's first string, all-star, hall of fame, "anointed" healer was right there!!! What could possibly go wrong???
Then when they aren't healed, the excuses are: (to quote the guy on the same station again) "you don't have faith for it", "Are you in the word everyday?", "Are you tithing faithfully?", "Do you have unconfessed sin in your life?", "You need to study our Power Pack", LOL. Hold it! If salvation equals healing then all these excuses for why you aren't healed also mean you aren't saved!
Bob also pointed out the result miracles usually produced in the Bible, which is fascinating the first time you see it. Far as I'm concerned the issue is put to bed. Great show Bob!

:) Sorry, I'll jump down now. This is an issue that comes up often for me.

Granite

Hall of Fame
This is probably the most appalling Benny Hinn anecdote I've ever seen...

He was taking questions from the audience and some guy asked him: "Look, Jesus never took money from anybody, what gives you the right to do that?"

Without missing a beat this sugar-coated charlatan answered, "Jesus didn't have a Ph.D."

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
This is probably the most appalling Benny Hinn anecdote I've ever seen...

He was taking questions from the audience and some guy asked him: "Look, Jesus never took money from anybody, what gives you the right to do that?"

Without missing a beat this sugar-coated charlatan answered, "Jesus didn't have a Ph.D."

Is that true??? Oh my Lord! LOL!!! Awesome.

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Benny Hin is a con man, pure and simple, has any one sat down and watched him? He is pretty horrible, it makes me sick.

Whats worse are the people who believe him.

frostmanj

Subscriber
TobiasKage said:
Benny Hin is a con man, pure and simple, has any one sat down and watched him? He is pretty horrible, it makes me sick.

Whats worse are the people who believe him.

I agree about the character of Benny Hinn. Dispicable.:nono:

I pity those who follow him. IMHO those of us who call ourselves Christian should be witnessing to these people. Maybe if we did a better job of getting the Gospel out, wolves like Benny Hinn would soon have no flock to prey on.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
First off let me say that I do believe that miracles still happen, BUT not necessarily in the way that Benny Hinn seems to perform them.

I do not necessarily believe that everything called a "miracle" is actually a miracle. I certainly believe that there are shams around when pastors use so-called "miracles" to market themselves and their products. If you are ever watching tv in the morning there is pastor named Peter Popoff http://www.peterpopoff.org/

anyway, I DO believe he is a sham. He sells "miracle water" and the show is him at some church, it looks more like a warehouse though, and people are giving testimonies and maybe even getting "healed" on the spot. Now, I have to give him A LITTLE credit because he does say that the water isn't actually miraculous. He says he uses it as a point for people to put their faith in. I guess it's similar to annointing pieces of cloth. It acts as a point of contact. BUT, that is where I stop giving him credit. It makes me so frustrated to see things like that.

if you ever want to see the show it's usually on either SpikeTV or comedy central like in the morning....around 7am.

Definitely gonna listen to that show though. I want to hear what Bob said to him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.