Called by God -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Have You Been Called ?

Matthew 22:14 KJV - For many are called, but few are chosen.

2 Timothy 1:9 KJV - Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

John 6:44 KJV - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up the last day.

Philippians 1:6 - Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Romans 8:28-30 KJV - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.

1 Corinthians 1:26 - For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

feel free to post more scriptures -

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When I received the Spirit I knew what happened. I would tell those around me there is something in my heart. I wasn't exactly sure what happened but I knew I was saved, cause moments before I repented and believed in God. I would also have my hand on my chest often because I know God is finally with me. Because of that I would often and still do evangelize because I want to share my joy.

Really the only way to be happy for me is to pursue this. I tried doing other things, relationships, video games, distractions upon distractions and all of it makes me feel empty inside.

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.

^ strangely gives me hope. because i am not one of those

I did that same thing as I lay down with my hand on my chest, feeling safe and sealed by the Holy Spirit, most often, after I read the Bible.

iamaberean

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Luk 8:5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
Many of those that are called never accept it and the seed never sprouts.

Luk 8:6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
Luk 8:7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.
Some that are called and chosen have good intentions but soon they wither away for lack of caring for the growth of the seed.

Luk 8:8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
These have been called, chosen and faithful for they have started to produce and show the love for God that is within them.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Note: the Seed is Jesus.
1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you believe all men throughout human history have responded to God's call?
The requirements of God have been different "throughout human history". Some respond and others resist/reject. Why?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The requirements of God have been different "throughout human history". Some respond and others resist/reject.

You said, "God is calling all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV) by the gospel
(1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 2:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV)."

By what means has God called all men? Your quotations are all from Paul's writings, have all men been called through Paul's writings? Or is the Father able to call people who have never heard of Paul?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We are all called by God, but not everyone responds to Him.

I did not respond to Him for a long time.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We are all called by God, but not everyone responds to Him.

I did not respond to Him for a long time.

You still haven't. God is calling people "by the gospel" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV)!

OCTOBER23

This Topic has been Posted at least 8 times in the past year.

HOW ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE LIKE

THE TIMING OF THE RAPTURE

OR

THE FEAST DAY OF THE LAST TRUMP