"But I was just doing what President Trump does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
ef0d7e1b-2b7c-5689-9226-56dae73a243d.image.jpg

Sen. Bill Dix, the leader of the Iowa Senate's Republican majority, resigned Monday, just hours after video was posted online showing him apparently kissing a lobbyist at a Des Moines tavern earlier this month.

Dix met briefly with his Republican colleagues behind closed doors at 1 p.m. Minutes later, a Senate aide provided reporters with a copy of a letter Dix had written to Iowa Senate President Jack Whitver and House Speaker Linda Upmeyer.

The letter read, "I resign my position as Iowa State Senator and Majority Leader effective at 2 p.m. today, March 12, 2018."

The Senate leader's stunning resignation came only a few hours after the Iowa Starting Line political website posted a 52-second video in which Dix and a female lobbyist are shown sitting next to each other on barstools, reportedly at the Waveland Tap at 4704 University Ave. in Des Moines. In the final seconds of the video, the woman leans over and she and Dix kiss.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-senate-kissing-lobbyist-video-bar/417333002/

“This is the way we’ve been campaigning from the beginning. We want to do as much as possible together as a family.”

This is a part of Dix’s values, a major piece of his campaign.

Friends say those values are more than just campaign rhetoric.

“He has the values that I like,” said former Rep. Clyde Bradley, a Republican from Clinton. “He’s honest, he has integrity. If he tells you something, you can count on it.

“Bill was interested in what was good for his family, what was good for his constituents.”

Dix farms 500 acres near Shell Rock with his parents, Richard and Sharon Dix.

“So, we work together, and that’s one of the things I learned growing up,” he said. “You work together, play together as a family.”

http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-r...cle_6130c1f7-4e36-5214-bb3d-07595f1e3137.html

Republicans: "the values party." Not enough values, too much party.

Status
Not open for further replies.