Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bush Indicates His Judges Might Reject S.D. Abortion Ban

Friday March 3rd, 2006. This is show # 45.

Summary:
* President George W. Bush opposes South Dakota's total abortion ban. Bush gave ABC News viewers hope that some of his pro-choice judges might strike it down (search for "litmus").
* Angrily and adamantly, God insists that He would not punish a child for the sins of the parents.
* Callers Quinn: Pro-life leader Joe Scheidler is a legal positivist; James, a lawyer, affirms Bob's warning about Christian legal positivism which "obeys man rather than God;" BEL videographer, Jason Troyer on why Bush opposes a total abortion ban; Jamie Johnson, president of the Faith and Freedom Network: I encourage everyone to view Bob's Focus on the Strategy DVD!
Today's Resource: Focus on the Strategy DVD analyzes Christian political strategy, identifies reasons for our failures, and recommends specific corrections!

PERTINENT QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
[ABC news] asked [George W. Bush] about South Dakota's law banning abortion totally and he said this: "I can tell you I will put people on the court without a litmus test." In other words he said, I haven't said to these judges, give me your opinion on ...abortion.

So anyway, when South Dakota passes this law to stop abortion, when Bush brings up his litmus test, what is he communicating? He's communicating hope to the proaborts that, "Hey look, you've got a fighting chance because my judges, they may or may not uphold that bill. They might overturn that bill because I don't know how they'll vote because I never asked them because I don't care. And I'm proud of the proabortion judges I've nominated through my entire career."

Status
Not open for further replies.