BR VII in Russian! Zakath and I Can Celebrate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
Or if they are deceived.
Oh, please. Zakath agreed to the same terms that Bob did. The only thing Zakath wasn't counting on is how much effort Bob would put into the debate and how thoroughly Bob would beat him. As Zakath was told before BRVII even began, he has as much right to promote and/or publish BRVII in its entirety as Bob does. But of course he never so much as put a link to BRVII in his TOL signature because BRVII was an utter embarrassment for him. Sour grapes.

Zakath makes a fool of himself every time he claims that he was somehow tricked into participating in BRVII. And likewise you're living up to your screenname (as usual).

Suggested reading.

fool

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
Zakath makes a fool of himself every time he claims that he was somehow tricked into participating in BRVII. And likewise you're living up to your screenname (as usual.)
Question;
Did Bob inform Zakath that he intended to publish the battle in book form prior to the debate?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
Question;
Did Bob inform Zakath that he intended to publish the battle in book form prior to the debate?
Yes, but only if he won. I take it you did read the post linked link in my previous post?

Bob Enyart said:
Before this debate began, I requested from and offered to Zakath a reciprocal agreement by which either party could publish this Does God Exist? Battle Royale VII, which Zakath agreed to.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
And who decided who won?
What I meant was, Bob only planned to publish the debate if he regarded himself as the winner. He planned on publishing the debate and he planned on winning the debate, but had he considered himself the loser of the debate he would not have wanted to publicize his losing effort.

However in the case of BRVII I'd say that Zakath decided that Bob won the debate when he dropped out of it partway through. And the fact that Zakath has done absolutely nothing to publicize BRVII is more evidence that Zakath regards himself as the loser.

From Bob Enyart's 10th round post:
Who wins this Battle Royale VII on Does God Exist? Often in debates, both sides claim victory. In the Grandstands early in the debate I made a challenge to Zakath, acknowledging that we might both claim victory. I suggested that eventually we will reveal our own true opinions as the participants, as to whether we have won or not. One rule of thumb for discerning if an opponent really believes his own claim of victory is to see if he promotes the finished debate to a wider audience or not. If the one who claims victory puts a permanent link to the debate on his website or in his forum signature, or somehow attempts to publicize the contest in his own sphere of influence, then that is evidence that at least this opponent really does believe he won. On the other hand, if one side claims victory, but makes no effort to promote the completed debate, and even would rather everyone forget it ever occurred (Zakath, are you listening?), then that provides evidence that this opponent does not believe his own claim of victory. Knowing who truly believes he won or lost of course does not ultimately decide whether a certain opponent was right or wrong on the matter being debated, but if the debaters have significant experience in the subject, and one opponent believes his side lost (or showed poorly), that of course is of interest to those evaluating the debate. It appears obvious as Zakath has been posting casually on the boards recently, that he would rather we forget about the debate and just get on with life. (Zakath, I directly challenge you, put a link to BRVII in your signature!) And while the atheists in the Grandstands have proclaimed boldly all along that the atheist side was winning the debate and the theist side was offering no arguments whatsoever, I challenge you all collectively to promote this debate in your own sphere of influence. After all, if I offered nothing in evidence and Zakath so deftly refuted my arguments, then his abbreviated effort would easily outshine my lengthier one, and more so by his succinctness. So TheologyOnline.com atheists, you are challenged to link to this debate in your signatures. After all, it is probably your loyalty to Zakath that kept most of you from making a composite post for the tenth round, so why not publicize his work? Of course, I will promote the debate as I have said I would from the beginning, because I truly believe that the theist side won, while the actions of the atheists will speak louder than their words.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
What I meant was, Bob only planned to publish the debate if he regarded himself as the winner. He planned on publishing the debate and he planned on winning the debate, but had he considered himself the loser of the debate he would not have wanted to publicize his losing effort.
And I bet that Bob was really going to say he lost no matter how the debate worked out....:rotfl:

However in the case of BRVII I'd say that Zakath decided that Bob won the debate when he dropped out of it partway through. And the fact that Zakath has done absolutely nothing to publicize BRVII is more evidence that Zakath regards himself as the loser.

From Bob Enyart's 10th round post:
I think this was fairly irrelevant in this case and should not have had any significance in saying who won.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
And I bet that Bob was really going to say he lost no matter how the debate worked out....:rotfl:
When I was sitting in on one of Bob's shows in which he was debating a guest on the air, the first words out of his mouth upon exiting the studio were something like, "That did not go well."

I think this was fairly irrelevant in this case and should not have had any significance in saying who won.
What is irrelevant in this case? :confused:

Just in case there is any misunderstanding: It's not that only the winner would be allowed to publish/publicize the debate. It's that only the winner would want to. Zakath is free to publish in its entirety or otherwise publicize BRVII to his heart's content just as Bob is, and he knew that from the get-go.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
When I was sitting in on one of Bob's shows in which he was debating a guest on the air, the first words out of his mouth upon exiting the studio were something like, "That did not go well."
yeah, for the other guy :D

What is irrelevant in this case? :confused:

Just in case there is any misunderstanding: It's not that only the winner would be allowed to publish/publicize the debate. It's that only the winner would want to. Zakath is free to publish in its entirety or otherwise publicize BRVII to his heart's content just as Bob is, and he knew that from the get-go.
I don't think it's relevant because really I don't think Zakath cared to publicize it and does he even have a medium to do so?
I think it would apply in Bob's debate with Sam because they both are pastors/teachers so they would have more of a reason to publicize it. I think in Zakath's case it was more circumstantial than him not thinking he won. Now I'm not saying that Zakath did win, but I think that using this as a reason is pointless.

fool

Hall of Fame
The PMs that Bob refered to in this thread;
Zakath agreed to give Enyart rights to Battle Royale VII
Are available?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
yeah, for the other guy :D
:chuckle: In this particular case, no.

I don't think it's relevant because really I don't think Zakath cared to publicize it and does he even have a medium to do so?
He could have at the very least put a link to BRVII in his TOL signature, no?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
:chuckle: In this particular case, no.
well I'd like to meet the man who can beat the mighty Bob in a debate....

He could have at the very least put a link to BRVII in his TOL signature, no?
Of course he could, he also could have gotten a website like truthman suggested. He could have printed it out and handed it out on the streets. He could have done a number of things. I'm saying he has no reason to do so. Bob would because he has a ministry. The only reason Zakath would do so is for bragging rights but he probably wouldn't even care to do that.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
The PMs that Bob refered to in this thread;
Zakath agreed to give Enyart rights to Battle Royale VII
Are available?
It was not necessary for Zakath to "give Enyart rights to Battle Royale VII." Knight has full rights to every post at TOL (including yours). Prior to BRVII's commencement, Knight graciously agreed to give both Zakath and Enyart rights to publish the debate in its entirety, and both Zakath and Enyart agreed to that arrangement.

Do the PMs stating as much still exist? Not that I'm aware. At the time no one thought it would be an issue. Would it matter if Knight and Bob did keep them? Probably not. Zakath could just as easily claim that the PMs were faked.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
well I'd like to meet the man who can beat the mighty Bob in a debate....
It was the kind of thing that could not have happened in a written debate. Bob's opponent kept making claims that Bob could not refute on the spot. Such is the case sometimes with live radio.

Of course he could, he also could have gotten a website like truthman suggested. He could have printed it out and handed it out on the streets. He could have done a number of things. I'm saying he has no reason to do so. Bob would because he has a ministry. The only reason Zakath would do so is for bragging rights but he probably wouldn't even care to do that.
If Zakath were so indifferent, he would not participate in TOL to begin with, let alone in a Battle Royale. Zakath is what you could call an evangelical atheist.

fool

Hall of Fame
You forget that Zakath didn't finish the debate.
Could that be why he dosen't consider it to be a definitive work?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
It was the kind of thing that could not have happened in a written debate. Bob's opponent kept making claims that Bob could not refute on the spot. Such is the case sometimes with live radio.
yeah, that format could be tough.

If Zakath were so indifferent, he would not participate in TOL to begin with, let alone in a Battle Royale. Zakath is what you could call an evangelical atheist.
I still don't think that's a significant reason but it's not that big of a deal so we can agree to disagree. Or at least I will :noid:

fool

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
It was not necessary for Zakath to "give Enyart rights to Battle Royale VII." Knight has full rights to every post at TOL (including yours). Prior to BRVII's commencement, Knight graciously agreed to give both Zakath and Enyart rights to publish the debate in its entirety, and both Zakath and Enyart agreed to that arrangement.
The question was
Did Bob tell Zakath that he intended to make a book out of this debate?
Do the PMs stating as much still exist? Not that I'm aware. At the time no one thought it would be an issue. Would it matter if Knight and Bob did keep them? Probably not. Zakath could just as easily claim that the PMs were faked.
I asked about the PMs cause Bob specifically mentioned them and request they be re posted.
If no one thought they were an issue then why were they posted to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.