Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob OutFOXes the Comedian

This is the show from Friday February 5th, 2010.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Colorado wants to regulate legalized dope. Now, they call it, "medical marijuana." That's a terrible term. First of all, marijuana is not medicine. What kind of a medical facility do you have to keep 2000 feet from a school?

87% of their customers with "chronic pain" are age 18 to 24. What's their chronic problem? "Dude, I have a real chronic problem with my dad. You know man, so..."

SUMMARY:

* The Lost Tribe: Bob and co-host Doug McBurney contrast the lost and superstitious tribe of Bo with that little tribe arising out of the middle-east that’s somehow lasted 5000 years, established the 7 day week, produced the world’s best-selling book and the Savior of the world.

* The Pastor and the Potheads: Doug insists on a review of Bob’s appearance this morning on the Denver “Fox Box” TV segment with Shaul Turner. Bob’s humor and wisdom shine when he appears opposite comedian Jo Koy and Denver FM DJ (does that stand for degenerate?) “Uncle Nasty”. Bob deftly ranges diverse topics from medical dope to homos in the military, and from a trip to the moon to Tiger Woods and misogyny. And in the end Bob is funnier and more entertaining than the heathens, and even teaches them a thing or two!

* The Personhood Movement Has Exploded Into 40 States! So please help the state personhood efforts get the signatures they need to re-criminalize abortion! If you live in:

Colorado: could you help circulate the Personhood Colorado & Colorado RTL 2010 petition? If so, just click or call 303-753-9394.
California: please visit the CA Human Life Amendment site to get a petition and start collecting signature for the Lord and for the innocent child!
Any Other State: If you live in any other state, can you help to advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways?
We all need your help!

Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Mocking the suffering of folks in chronic pain. Wow. Nice job, fellas. Nice job.

I once saw an episode of Judge Judy where an individual was being sued by his landlord for several reasons all of which I forget. However, one of the reasons was because he was smoking pot in the apartment. Turns out the guy had a prescription because he was in "chronic pain". He was about 30 years old (if that even) and Judge Judy asked him a series of questions about his "condition".

By the end of the trial Judge Judy ended up mocking the guy because she saw through his charade and realized he was abusing the system just to get marijuana.

So it's not just Bob...it's the whole educated world that mocks them.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I once saw an episode of Judge Judy where an individual was being sued by his landlord for several reasons all of which I forget. However, one of the reasons was because he was smoking pot in the apartment. Turns out the guy had a prescription because he was in "chronic pain". He was about 30 years old (if that even) and Judge Judy asked him a series of questions about his "condition".

By the end of the trial Judge Judy ended up mocking the guy because she saw through his charade and realized he was abusing the system just to get marijuana.

No, it's not. Generally it's just clueless and or insensitive people.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

So, Bob and Judge Judy constitute the whole educated world?? :squint:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I was almost too appalled or stunned to say anything, but...

Yeah. Judge Judy.:rotfl:

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Judge Judy has a knack for exposing some of the foolishness that enter her "court room". She has seen and heard enough excuses to understand when people are acting foolishly and abusing systems.

Someone that is not able to see through the guise of some peoples excuses to get marijuana, to get government assistance, to get something that they don't deserve are willingly blinded.

Just to be clear. I am only using Judge Judy as an example. To laugh at my example shows inability to see the larger picture.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Judge Judy has a knack for exposing some of the foolishness that enter her "court room". She has seen and heard enough excuses to understand when people are acting foolishly and abusing systems.

Someone that is not able to see through the guise of some peoples excuses to get marijuana, to get government assistance, to get something that they don't deserve are willingly blinded.

Just to be clear. I am only using Judge Judy as an example. To laugh at my example shows inability to see the larger picture.

You don't understand the issues underlying medical marijuana terribly well.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I saw that episode and even though I enjoy her show, JJ has been wrong in her decision on several occasions.

However, in the case of medical marijuana, it DOES have it's benefits for some patients. I don't see medical marijuana as being any worse (and in fact it is safer) than the multitudes of OTHER prescription medications.

Memento Mori

So far it's playing out to the tune of hundreds of dispenseries opening across the state, springing up like... well, like weeds.
Interesting times...

Child's play compared to the Federal Government's policy making decisions. Most drugs have been outlawed because they became associated with certain minority groups rather than facts. And currently, many believe marijuana is bad because of the populace that uses it for recreation. And now, I don't see that changing thanks to private enterprise making loads of money from its current status.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
However, in the case of medical marijuana, it DOES have it's benefits for some patients. I don't see medical marijuana as being any worse (and in fact it is safer) than the multitudes of OTHER prescription medications.

I agree with you here. The point Bob was making and the point Judge Judy was also making is that it is strikingly odd how those that suffer from chronic pain are the 18 to 30 somethings which seem to really suffer from chronic pain.

In the Judge Judy episode, if I recall it correctly, the individual was doing activities (I believe it was surfing) yet was being prescribed marijuana for his chronic pain. Even in answering her questions the individual would smirk knowing full well he was being exposed...yet also knew that there was nothing that she could do because it was a prescription.

My point was that it isn't difficult to see through people when their intent is so blatantly not the proper intention. For example, being behind someone in the grocery store who pays for most of their groceries with a government issued EBT card (food stamps) and then when they go to pay for all of the non-essentials pulls out a roll of 20's from their pocket and has a hard time doing do because of all of the jewelry on their hands and wrists. I can only imagine the story they tell in order to get my money to pay for their food so that they can use their money to buy the big plasma television and Nintendo Wii games.

Cracked

Not quite. The same could be said of any abuser of any prescription drug.

Memento Mori

I agree with you here. The point Bob was making and the point Judge Judy was also making is that it is strikingly odd how those that suffer from chronic pain are the 18 to 30 somethings which seem to really suffer from chronic pain.

In the Judge Judy episode, if I recall it correctly, the individual was doing activities (I believe it was surfing) yet was being prescribed marijuana for his chronic pain. Even in answering her questions the individual would smirk knowing full well he was being exposed...yet also knew that there was nothing that she could do because it was a prescription.

My point was that it isn't difficult to see through people when their intent is so blatantly not the proper intention. For example, being behind someone in the grocery store who pays for most of their groceries with a government issued EBT card (food stamps) and then when they go to pay for all of the non-essentials pulls out a roll of 20's from their pocket and has a hard time doing do because of all of the jewelry on their hands and wrists. I can only imagine the story they tell in order to get my money to pay for their food so that they can use their money to buy the big plasma television and Nintendo Wii games.

I think there's a pretty big difference between lying about Chronic Pain to obtain the right to use a drug for recreation and lying about being poor to have the government pay for your food.

Granite

Hall of Fame
And where are these statistics "proving" 18-30 year olds who apply for medical weed all claim they're suffering from chronic pain?

Figures, please.

I'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.