Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob Enyart Live in El Paso County Jail - Day 6

This is the show from Monday June 15th, 2009.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
The devil doesn't care about abortion. He cares about guilt. He cares about getting us to disobey God. The devil would gladly end all abortion if only all of us would agree to just one. If we would all agree to permit the killing of a single innocent child then the devil would be satisfied because he would have beguiled all of us into disobeying God thinking that we had a good reason to disobey God's command just this once. The devil could appear as an angel of light to Eve and he could appear as a pro-life candidate to you offering you "victory," offering you "life" if only you would concede to taking a bite out of this red fruit. Just agree to shed this one boy's blood, this one little girl's life.

SUMMARY:

* Bob Enyart Live from El Paso County Jail. Hear Bob from his jail cell as he serves day six of a 9-day sentence. More information below from the Colorado Springs Gazette.

Activists jailed over trespassing at Focus

June 10, 2009 - 4:22 PM

JOHN C. ENSSLIN

A Colorado Springs municipal judge today jailed two anti-abortion activists after they refused to pay a fine for trespassing at the Focus on the Family headquarters.

Judge Spencer A. Gresham sentenced Kenneth Scott to 11 days in jail and Rev. Bob Enyart to nine days for their role in a Sept. 4 protest against Focus on the Family founder James Dobson's decision to endorse GOP presidential candidate John McCain.

Gresham also fined Enyart's brother Brian $100, which he agreed to pay.

A jury convicted the three men on May 8 following a one-day trial in which they each acted as their own lawyer.

Brian Enyart and Scott came to court wearing red T-shirts that read "Jesus is Judge" on the back. Bob Enyart brought his family along, tying his son's shoelace before standing to be sentenced.

During the trial, the defendants expressed frustration at not being able to raise anti-abortion issues or what they viewed as Dobson's "broken pledge" in supporting McCain's losing campaign against Barack Obama.

That tension continued through the sentencing where Gresham advised all three that he understood their position on the issue.
"I know you are all passionate about that," he said. "I don't want to hear that again."

Prior to the sentencing, Lisa Anderson, a spokeswoman for Focus on the Family asked the judge to consider the organization's concern over safety for its employees and visitors.

The judge rejected a request from the city attorney to require the men to pay $400 in restitution to Focus on the Family. Gresham said the security officials who responded to the incident were already on the payroll that day.

Initially, the judge also did not accept prosecutors' recommendation that Bob Enyart and Scott be jailed because of their previous arrest history. Instead he fined Scott $500 and Enyart $400.

When both men refused to pay, he offered them the option of public service, which they also rejected.

"I refuse to do public service to a system that is killing babies," Scott said.

Gresham warned all three men that he will increase their fines if they re-offend within the next year.

"This is a passionate crusade for you all," he said. "But you have to make certain you do it in a law-abiding fashion."

Last edited by a moderator:

DBCReviewer

My personal thoughts...

A change has occurred while Bob has been in jail. His approach to people and the things that he talks about are of more heart, more Spirit (at least it seems this way to me).

My imagination goes like this: is his dependence on the Lord greater in jail, than when he is free to be in front of DBC? Is his focus (on the Lord), stronger in jail than when he is in front of us at DBC?

I for one, have never heard him with this amount of Spirit and heart at Church. But this time in jail proves that he can; but why not at Church?

Those around him (the leadership), are in need of this also. Maybe we all need to go to jail?

DBCR = just an inmate of Christ.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
My personal thoughts...

A change has occurred while Bob has been in jail. His approach to people and the things that he talks about are of more heart, more Spirit (at least it seems this way to me).

My imagination goes like this: is his dependence on the Lord greater in jail, than when he is free to be in front of DBC? Is his focus (on the Lord), stronger in jail than when he is in front of us at DBC?

I for one, have never heard him with this amount of Spirit and heart at Church. But this time in jail proves that he can; but why not at Church?

Those around him (the leadership), are in need of this also. Maybe we all need to go to jail?

DBCR = just an inmate of Christ.
If you disagree with him so much, why do you attend his church?

DBCReviewer

I think just not use to him yet.

And where would I go anyways? Somewhere where I would agree with more? Hardly!

Yes... there are things that I disagree with him on but there many other things that I agree with him.

My main hang-up these days is how surreal the services are. While attending his church or any other... it is the same old thing - the monlogue, the speech.

No real depth with God. What happens when you meditate on the Word and seek Him by yourself? Does He unlock things in your heart and mind? Does it cause you to pray for someone, praise the Lord, make you confess about something - what... what does it do?

And yet when I attend Church very few ministers have ever showed that level of freedom and exposure of themselves, to the congregation.

Paul lays out how the Corinthians could have Church with up to 3 speaking and the others judging what was shared (1 Cor. chapter 14). This would make for an interactive Church, maybe then God could direct the time together and more of ourselves would be focused toward Him also, than on the Pastor?

However, if you talk about this at DBC you will probably be branded as a superstitious person. To think that God can direct a service, huh! No way Jose.

I wonder how many people have been conditioned to do nothing because of the model followed? One comes from the Bible instruction while the other came from the Catholics - the monologue model. DBCR...

wholearmor

To me, church is about learning more about God and taking the emotional and practical aspect of that with me afterward in my daily activities. I've learned more about God while attending DBC for a few months than all the time attending other churches for most of my life. The more of a relationship you build with someone you like, the more comfortable with and excited about that person you become. I believe the exact same goes for building a relationship with God and Bob has helped me do that like no other pastor or Bible teacher I've ever encountered.

DBCReviewer

Hi WholeArmor,

I agree with you and am glad for you. Keep on keeping on.

Now, can I ask you to comment on the models used (monologue versus the 1 Cor. 14 model)? Do you have an opinion on that or have you even considered it before?

For example: last Sunday... Gordon spoke, the acoustics were so bad in there that I could not make out even one sentence of what he shared. No one in the congregation said anything... we all let him go on for 30 mins. wasting all of the time. I asked a couple people if they could hear what he sahred and they admitted they could not. From this I conclude again - the traditional monologue service conditions people to be inactive. If it were the common practice to judge what was spoken and to allow 3 people to speak as the Lord gave them the inspiration, last Sunday would not have happened.

Don't get me wrong... I support Bob and DBC in many ways. But I just wish we could break free of this monologue model. A model that maybe P. Miller will only allow to be practiced there? I don't know that for sure it is just a passing thought. * DBCR...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Paul lays out how the Corinthians could have Church with up to 3 speaking and the others judging what was shared (1 Cor. chapter 14). This would make for an interactive Church, maybe then God could direct the time together and more of ourselves would be focused toward Him also, than on the Pastor?

However, if you talk about this at DBC you will probably be branded as a superstitious person. To think that God can direct a service, huh! No way Jose.
You just described a lot of churches of the Charismatic denomination. Why don't you attend one of those? What is it about Charismatic churches you disagree with more than DBC?

DBCReviewer

The few that I've been to are against dispensational divisions, which I agree with Bob on. The ones that I went to were scary, tounge speaking with no interpretation, and wild running and carrying on. Just wasn't done with order and seemed very fake to me.

So what did you do with the 1 Cor. 14 instruction and why have you resolved to be satisffied with the monologue? Thanks, DBCR

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So what did you do with the 1 Cor. 14 instruction and why have you resolved to be satisffied with the monologue? Thanks, DBCR
Since tongues are not operative in this dispensation, the style of worship service seen in 1 Cor. 14 doesn't apply to us.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
a captive audience, and different... no?

a captive audience, and different... no?

My personal thoughts...

A change has occurred while Bob has been in jail. His approach to people and the things that he talks about are of more heart, more Spirit (at least it seems this way to me)....

DBCR, thank you, I think :) for the kind words.

As for me, I can't tell the difference between my jail and liberated selves. Perhaps the difference you think you're seeing is because in jail I'm not addressing Christian leaders, activists, etc., but those who know virtually nothing about the Lord.

Clearly, Paul used a different approach toward the pagans on the Areopagus as compared to his discourse toward the Corinthian Christians. No?

As we read in Hebrews 6:1-2: Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Some, it seems, are content to stay where God wants us to start. I'd rather start there, and move farther up and deeper in.

Thanks again,

-Bob Enyart

Status
Not open for further replies.