Bob Debates The Age of the Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justin (Wiccan) said:
I wish they'd put text transcripts out ... I get so aggravated at having to fight with the MP3 download.
Dude.... get with the "in" crowd.

P.S. Your sig was so much better when it was more subtle. :(

Justin (Wiccan)

Knight said:
Dude.... get with the "in" crowd.

Dude, non scriptorum non est.

Your sig was so much better when it was more subtle. :(

I'm working on it, but I've also got another project running right now, and don't have the resources to open PShop.

Edited to add: I'm gonna yank the picture until I get a chance to get a better one.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justin (Wiccan) said:
I wish they'd put text transcripts out ... I get so aggravated at having to fight with the MP3 download.

Oh let me just get those typed up for you...
:chuckle:

Justin (Wiccan)

Shimei said:
Oh let me just get those typed up for you...
:chuckle:

Har, har, har...

Nah, seriously ... I know I have problems with the MP3s (running too many things on too old a system to handle a sound program), and it's gonna give folks on dial-up or difficult connections fits. Plus which it would cost him a lot less server bandwidth. ;)

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Har, har, har...

Nah, seriously ... I know I have problems with the MP3s (running too many things on too old a system to handle a sound program), and it's gonna give folks on dial-up or difficult connections fits. Plus which it would cost him a lot less server bandwidth. ;)

Download the 28 kpbs version and set it up to download over night. That might work.

fool

Hall of Fame
how long does it take to download a whateversizefilething
I got the cable like the TV uses and a new this year machine

ThePhy

The time is not yet

The time is not yet

When I first saw the title of this show, I thought Bob had turned his attention back to debating the age of the Earth. I have a standing offer to debate Bob in person on this subject, though he might have forgotten that now. Early this year he said that his attention was on other matters, and would prefer to hold off on such a debate until he had time to really prepare for it. I thought maybe that time had come.

But it turned out to be just a recording of his debate from early last year, the debate that prompted my offer. Still waiting.

Last edited:

sentientsynth

Good job, Bob. As an objective thinker, it doesn't really bother me that I've simply assumed that old-earther's were right for so long. Hearing real evidence from credible sources that support young-earth theory is somewhat uplifting. I'd like to learn more about this.

Finding Truth,

SS

taoist

"Which came first, stars or galaxies? ... The [big bang] theory struggles even to explain which came first, the stars or the galaxies."

"If galaxies are millions or billions of years old, since these stars are moving so fast, these spiral arms should be deformed by now, but they're not."

"No matter how far away you go, the spirals are all newly wound up."

"The astronomers say there are great walls in the universe."

:darwinsm:

And you want to debate this guy, ThePhy?

KgovArchives

sentientsynth said:
Good job, Bob. As an objective thinker, it doesn't really bother me that I've simply assumed that old-earther's were right for so long. Hearing real evidence from credible sources that support young-earth theory is somewhat uplifting. I'd like to learn more about this.

Finding Truth,

SS

Bob mentioned toward the end of the show, a cd including the slides could be obtained from calling and ordering it.

KgovArchives

ThePhy said:
When I first saw the title of this show, I thought Bob had turned his attention back to debating the age of the Earth. I have a standing offer to debate Bob in person on this subject, though he might have forgotten that now. Early this year he said that his attention was on other matters, and would prefer to hold off on such a debate until he had time to really prepare for it. I thought maybe that time had come.

But it turned out to be just a recording of his debate from early last year, the debate that prompted my offer. Still waiting.

Bob offered to debate you, in person, sometime in December, but you couldn't make it. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten.

There is a new Battle Royale X coming, not to mention the meeting this week, which is probably taking his free time.

Sounds to me like a great topic for a future "Battle Royale" though!

ThePhy

BR? - Hmmm

BR? - Hmmm

KgovArchives said:
Bob offered to debate you, in person, sometime in December, but you couldn't make it. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten.

There is a new Battle Royale X coming, not to mention the meeting this week, which is probably taking his free time.

Sounds to me like a great topic for a future "Battle Royale" though!
Yes, I called Bob late last year, and he said he already had a commitment to give his YEC material to the Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship, and asked if I could debate him at that meeting. But that invitation came with insufficient time for me to be able to accept.

Outside of that, I have indicated that I would be willing to travel to Denver for a debate, provided that I have 3 or 4 weeks advance notification. The offer is still on.

I am not familiar with what BR X is going to be on. I might be up to a BR challenge on the age of the earth with Bob. The demands on my time fluctuate, and I don't want to take on a responsibility that I end up forfeiting because of lack of time.

I also am unsure how long I will be a TOLer. I have other things I need to put more attention on, so if I am being considered for a BR on the age of the earth with Bob, sooner is better.

GuySmiley

Jukia said:
His science is worse than a joke. He masquerades as an authority on these issues. He is clueless.

Wow, thank you for your valuable insight. I totally was fooled by Bob when I listened to his show, but now that I've read your penetrating criticism I've changed my mind. Your use of the word "masquerades" was what threw it over the top for me. I also had no idea that he was clueless, but thank you for bringing this to my attention. :shocked:

Greg

PS To properly interpret this post, read the "Nicer than God" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.