Bob B -- Jan. 25, 1931 - May 28, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob Enyart's dear friend and long-time supporter goes to his reward!

From the South Bend Tribune (full obituary in .mht file format):
SOUTH BEND IN - Mr. Robert Burns Ball, 78, passed away after a long illness on Thursday, May 28, 2009, at 6:15 p.m. in his residence in South Bend... After he retired from Bendix, Robert supported the multi-media church ministries of Pastor Bob Enyart of Arvada, Colorado, as a volunteer doing research in many areas of science and faith.
Bob B's Full Published Obituary:

Jan. 25, 1931 - May 28, 2009 SOUTH BEND - Mr. Robert Burns Ball, 78, passed away after a long illness on Thursday, May 28, 2009, at 6:15 p.m. in his residence in South Bend.

Robert was born on January 25, 1931, in Hawley, Pennsylvania, to William and Mabel (Lintner) Ball. He was preceded in death by his parents, and by his brother, Thomas (Betty) Ball of Orange Park, Florida. On September 26, 1952, in Lafayette, Indiana, he married Dorothy Jean Seedorf, who survives. Robert is also survived by his four children, Debra Ann Ball of Royal Oak, Michigan, James Robert (Sharon) Ball of Granger, Indiana, Richard David (Kathryn) Ball of Austin, Texas, and Pamela Jean (Douglas) Wise of Downers Grove, Illinois; two brothers, William (Harriet) Ball of Hendersonville, North Carolina, and Richard (Anita) Ball of Annandale, Virginia; and 10 grandchildren, Kevin (Angela) Ball, James Richard Ball, Courtney Ball, Michelle Ball, Chelsea Ball, Philip Wise, Kristin Ball, Anna Wise, Karina Wise and Timothy Wise. Robert graduated from Purdue University with a bachelor's degree in engineering mechanics and from Michigan State University with a master's degree in business administration. He was employed by the Bendix Corporation for over 30 years, retiring in 1984. While at Bendix he worked first at the Guided Missile Division in Mishawaka and later as the manager of the data center in South Bend and was a member of the Bendix Management Club.

Robert was a member of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in South Bend where he was active in church leadership, including serving as the president of the Church Council. After he retired from Bendix, Robert supported the multi-media church ministries of Pastor Bob Enyart of Arvada, Colorado, as a volunteer doing research in many areas of science and faith. Robert also enjoyed traveling with his wife Dorothy to visit their children and families, and to Israel where he continued his research in his many areas of interest in the Bible. A memorial service for Robert will be held on Friday, June 5th, at 11:00 a.m. in Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, followed by a luncheon and then burial at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Osceola. Pastor Ken Peterson will officiate. Visitation will be held an hour before the service in the church. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 1021 Manchester Drive, South Bend, IN 46615; or to the Humane Society of St. Joseph County, 2506 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN 46545. McGann Hay Funeral Homes, University Chapel, is assisting the family. To send condolences to the family, visit www.McGannHay.com.​
Bob, I love you and will miss you! You are a great friend! -Bob Enyart

Last edited by a moderator:

Flipper

Bob B is gone? That's sad. He was a courteous and intelligent man.

My condolences to those of you who knew him.

Punisher1984

While I found his "intelligent design" apologetics appalling (often based on misunderstandings of scientific principles or outdated ideas), I must confess that this forum won't be quite as much fun now that he has slipped off into the void...

drbrumley

I enjoyed your posts Bob B. You were intellectually honest and God fearing in what I have seen of you. We will meet in heaven with our Lord. My condolances to his family and friends.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
...this forum won't be quite as much fun now that he has slipped off into the void...

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. -The Apostle Paul

Psa 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints.

Rev 21:10-11 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God...

far from a void Punisher.

-Pastor Bob Enyart
Denver Bible Church

conniesharin

Bob and his wife Dorothy hosted Robert and me in their home a few years ago. They were just great to us. A beautiful home, a beautiful couple!

Punisher1984

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. -The Apostle Paul

Psa 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints.

Rev 21:10-11 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God...

far from a void Punisher.

-Pastor Bob Enyart
Denver Bible Church

Out of respect for the dead I'm not gonna argue against such claims right now - believe whatever gets you through this event.

koban

Bob and his wife Dorothy hosted Robert and me in their home a few years ago. They were just great to us. A beautiful home, a beautiful couple!

Dorothy and Bob will be in my prayers tonight.

I've missed his gentlemanly style here in arguments that can often grow heated and childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.