Bible says women should not have authority o/men: so long, Hillary

republicanchick

Yeh, the Bible says that, that women should not have authority over men.. but Protestant "churches" violate this all the time.

this is said in the NEW Testament.

I will go find that passage..

Timothy 2:12

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Timothy-2-12/

just another reason (should we "need" one) why the Hill-meister should not be president

at least the Christians should think this way... we know what the non-Christians think...

++

+

HisServant

Yeh, the Bible says that, that women should not have authority over men.. but Protestant "churches" violate this all the time.

this is said in the NEW Testament.

I will go find that passage..

Timothy 2:12

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Timothy-2-12/

just another reason (should we "need" one) why the Hill-meister should not be president

at least the Christians should think this way... we know what the non-Christians think...

++

+

The above applies with the church, family or within Israel...

It says nothing about female representation/authority within a democratically elected government.

You seem to be in a race to the bottom.

TrakeM

PLEASE, I am on my knees BEGGING. PLEASE make this THE primary message of the GOP and churches leading up to the next election. I'm begging. I really want to see the GOP and churches crushed by their own archaic beliefs. 2/3 of church goers are women and this would be the perfect thing to get them to leave the church and vote for the Democratic party.

republicanchick

PLEASE, I am on my knees BEGGING. PLEASE make this THE primary message of the GOP and churches leading up to the next election. I'm begging. I really want to see the GOP and churches crushed by their own archaic beliefs. 2/3 of church goers are women and this would be the perfect thing to get them to leave the church and vote for the Democratic party.

creepy

++

republicanchick

I don't know what to belive about women being preachers b/c some of what is in the New T (as well as the Old) is not meant to be taken absolutely literally.

personally, i tend to take htis psg somewhat literally b/c it does not seem to have a .. non-literal meaning. I mean, Eve eating the apple.. doesn't have to be taken literally and probably shouldn't be.. but this one seems fairly clear

i don't have too much a problem with a woman "preaching". TheCatholic Church teaches we are all supposed to evangelize.

i just have a problem with women being in positions of authority over men

that is not the natural order as God created it

___