Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Ben challenges Bob on Law vs. Grace

Wednesday August 2nd, 2006. This is show #153.

BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW:
If I commit a crime, let's say I steal and I come before the police arrest me. They got the evidence I'm a thief. They bring me to the judge. Should the judge say, "This is the age of grace. Because this is the age of grace I'm going to forgive you. Bob, I forgive you because this is the age of grace and you're a Christian. You've asked God to forgive you and if God forgives you, who am I not to? So..."

Of course not. That is not the way God wants governments to function. God will judge the hearts of men and earthly judges are to judge their actions.
Liberal Christians who recoil at the very thought of giving a harsh punishment to a criminal; what I believe they don't realize is that the death penalty is at the heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And if you undermine the death penalty then you're undermining the preaching of the gospel. Because if there's something somehow unjust or something wrong with capital punishment then there must be something wrong with God the Father Who required the death penalty for the payment of our sin. There must be something wrong with Him. But obviously there is nothing wrong with God the Father. He is the source of all justice and all truth.
Summary:
* The Age of Grace vs. Criminal Justice: Ben relays a criticism through the clerk of the Christian Used Books store, complaining that Bob's teaching on criminal justice lacks an understanding of law and grace. Bob presents an overview of law and grace, how these issues relate first to salvation, and secondly to civil government and criminal justice.
Today's Resource: Find out the extraordinary and little-known Bible story of Whatever Happened to The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil? The name of this tree refers to the law. That is, the definition of Law is the knowledge of good and evil. You'll learn so much about living the Christian life from this seminar (on audiotape or MP3 CD), that you will a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y LOVE IT, or your money back!

Adam

Hall of Fame
So, I'm curious. The clerk at Christian Used Books notified Bob of the conversation that he/she had with Ben?

GodsfreeWill

Gold Subscriber
truthman said:
So, I'm curious. The clerk at Christian Used Books notified Bob of the conversation that he/she had with Ben?

No, the clerk at Christian Used Books, Danielle Duffy, (who happens to be my wife) called me about the conversation she had with Ben. I asked Bob if he would like to address it on his show, and then receieved Ben's permission to address him by name and answer his concerns on the air!

Status
Not open for further replies.