Ben Carson can get the lower class vote

republicanchick

I listened to Ben Carson this am and boy, was I impressed. And that's saying a lot because I am... cynical.

He went into more detail than any candidate I have listened to yet (which, yeh, I admit, I can't catch all the news coverage of candidates but whatever..)

I love his story, how he grew up, how his mother refused to take gov help. Yet he says he isn't going to get rid of all the "safety nets" in place. Some day, I hope that can be more/less done. It can't be done in a day or a year but some day.. In any case, I think Carson may be the one candidate who really knows about and is concerned about the poor.

Listening to him is an education. He explains things in language anyone can understand. True, there are other Rs who do that also, but there's something about Carson..

I think I (at this time) prefer him over Cruz..

But of course, I like all the R candidates

(not crazy about Bush's stand on immigration, though.. not at all)

+++

republicanchick

hmmm... no comments

you people here are something else (Ok, some of y'all)

you yammer away about things u can't do much to change

and the one thing you do have a chance to change.. namely who is president next time.. you skip over those posts/threads..

weird.

Anyhow,

Ben Carson had one of the best speeches I have ever heard. I was almost depressed when Fox moved on to another story...

:cry:

republicanchick

Who does "lower class" mean.

people who don't have much money or possessions

Carson (through his mother) knows what can happen when you DO not cave and take $$ from the gov. The poor need to realize how bad it is to be dependent on the gov.. who, as Carson also mentions, try to CONTROL you through your dependency..

I have seen the devastating effects of being dependent on the gov... All the poor need to know about this. I wish I had some way of reaching them myself... meaning more of them than I just meet in daily life..

__

++

TracerBullet

I love his story, how he grew up, how his mother refused to take gov help. Yet he says he isn't going to get rid of all the "safety nets" in place. Some day, I hope that can be more/less done. It can't be done in a day or a year but some day.. In any case, I think Carson may be the one candidate who really knows about and is concerned about the poor.

Story is the right word for what he says too about his mother's refusal to take government help.

In his autobiography Gifted Hands Carson related that his mother's primary source of income for years was welfare. That they lived in public housing. Bought food with food stamps. received medical care through Medicaid. Got his glasses from the state. Took advantage of affirmative action to get into college. payed with college with Pell grants and student loans. And went to medical school on an United States Public Health Service grant.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
people who don't have much money or possessions

Carson (through his mother) knows what can happen when you DO not cave and take $$ from the gov. The poor need to realize how bad it is to be dependent on the gov.. who, as Carson also mentions, try to CONTROL you through your dependency..

I have seen the devastating effects of being dependent on the gov... All the poor need to know about this. I wish I had some way of reaching them myself... meaning more of them than I just meet in daily life..

Do you believe the poor exist? IF so, why are they poor? IF they do not have enough for medical coverage, shelter and food, should they be sent away and left to die?

glorydaz

I listened to Ben Carson this am and boy, was I impressed. And that's saying a lot because I am... cynical.

He went into more detail than any candidate I have listened to yet (which, yeh, I admit, I can't catch all the news coverage of candidates but whatever..)

Listening to him is an education. He explains things in language anyone can understand. True, there are other Rs who do that also, but there's something about Carson..

I think I (at this time) prefer him over Cruz..

But of course, I like all the R candidates

(not crazy about Bush's stand on immigration, though.. not at all)

+++

I like him, but we'll never have another fair election so I'm not sure it matters.

glorydaz

Story is the right word for what he says too about his mother's refusal to take government help.

In his autobiography Gifted Hands Carson related that his mother's primary source of income for years was welfare. That they lived in public housing. Bought food with food stamps. received medical care through Medicaid. Got his glasses from the state. Took advantage of affirmative action to get into college. payed with college with Pell grants and student loans. And went to medical school on an United States Public Health Service grant.

Really? :think:

The Berean

Ben Carson seems like a nice man. But there is nothing about him that I seen so far that shows me he is remotely capable of being the President of the United States.

Last edited:

TrakeM

a fair election sure is difficult with the gerrymandering and the attack on voting rights going on in republican controlled states
Don't forget about the big money the Rs fought to get into politics.

Carson talks but says almost nothing about actual policy he intends to institute. He talks about how bad government hand outs are. Does that mean he's going to decrease government hand outs for the rich? Doubtful. He's not clear about what he wants to do about it.

He talks about religion. Does he intend to get prayer put into the public schools? It's not clear.

Maybe there is some speech where he actually talks policy that I just haven't found but from the looks of it he doesn't want to talk policy because the devils is always in the details and he doesn't want you to know what policy decisions he wants to make.

My guess, he's going to eliminate any aid to the poor so he can give even more government hand outs to his buddies on wall street.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Carson is an appalling hypocrite . All throughout his early years through his years in medical school , he relied on government assistance . Without it, he would never have been able to become a
doctor .
Yet, he wants to eliminate government programs to help people in need , including children . Lower class people who would support and vote forCarson are shooting themselves in the foot ! How can they be so stupid, naive , and gullible ?

The Berean

Carson is an appalling hypocrite . All throughout his early years through his years in medical school , he relied on government assistance . Without it, he would never have been able to become a
doctor .
Yet, he wants to eliminate government programs to help people in need , including children . Lower class people who would support and vote forCarson are shooting themselves in the foot ! How can they be so stupid, naive , and gullible ?

You're obviously a racist. :mrt:

Thats_Racist_2-3d_phase.gif

musterion

Do you believe the poor exist? IF so, why are they poor? IF they do not have enough for medical coverage, shelter and food, should they be sent away and left to die?

When I'm elected President, there WILL be means testing for fat.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
But the horrible things conservatives say about Obama aren't racist ? No, what I said about Carson is not racist . I was merely describing him as he is . I would say the same thing about white people, too .

republicanchick

I'll beleive that when i read it myself.

but going on your post alone, that means they were only on welfare FOR A TIME

so big deal

(you know the government was just a smidgeon responsible for the plight of Blacks way back when... hard 2 believe, i know..)

++