Believing that God Predestinates People to Hell Means that You are Doomed

Robert Pate

Banned
All through the Old Testament and into the New Testament people are saved and justified by their faith in God and his promises. It is not possible for you to believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born and have faith in him. No one can have faith in a God that would do such a terrible thing as that. Predestinationism is unthinkable and unbelievable. How can a God that so loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son for the sins of the world, damn people to hell before they are born? John 3:16.

If that is not bad enough then Calvinist also want us to believe that Jesus did NOT atone for the sins of the world. The scripture plainly says that he has, 1 John 2:2. Are you going to believe God's word or are you going to believe the words of a heretic? If you believe that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world then you must also believe that Jesus is NOT Lord. If you do not believe that Jesus is Lord you will never see heaven.

WHAT IS SAVING FAITH?

Saving faith is a faith that has confidence in God and his Son Jesus Christ. Calvinism does not build faith in God or in Jesus Christ. It literally destroys it. Paul said, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God MUST believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" Hebrews 11:6. Read the 11th chapter of Hebrews, it is all about people that had faith in God. They looked forward to the day when their Messiah would arrive. God fulfilled all of the promises that he made to Israel when he gave them Christ.

Epoisses

The Arminian understanding of predestination focuses on foreknowledge which opens the door to an independent human free-will which is heresy.

The Calvinist/Lutheran understanding of predestination focuses on God's choice which is biblical but hyper-Calvinists make God out to be the author of sin which is heresy.

God is not the cause or author of sin because both Satan and Adam were created perfect in the beginning. But he does choose one lump of clay for one purpose and another lump of clay for another purpose. God's choice trumps man's choice. We have a work to do in this life and that is to learn that God does everything.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Arminian understanding of predestination focuses on foreknowledge which opens the door to an independent human free-will which is heresy.

The Calvinist/Lutheran understanding of predestination focuses on God's choice which is biblical but hyper-Calvinists make God out to be the author of sin which is heresy.

God is not the cause or author of sin because both Satan and Adam were created perfect in the beginning. But he does choose one lump of clay for one purpose and another lump of clay for another purpose. God's choice trumps man's choice. We have a work to do in this life and that is to learn that God does everything.

God is sovereign, but only within his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature and character.

God cannot and will not sin against himself or his created beings. This is why the scripture says, "I have set before you this day life and death, chose life".

Epoisses

God is sovereign, but only within his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature and character.

God cannot and will not sin against himself or his created beings. This is why the scripture says, "I have set before you this day life and death, chose life".

I agree. I don't like the Calvinist 'absolute sovereignty' which is not found in the bible because they use it to make God the author of sin which is just ridiculous at face value. Everything God created originally was perfect so sin is the fault of the creation not the creator.

Robert Pate

Banned
I agree. I don't like the Calvinist 'absolute sovereignty' which is not found in the bible because they use it to make God the author of sin which is just ridiculous at face value. Everything God created originally was perfect so sin is the fault of the creation not the creator.

The God of Calvinism cannot be trusted. Who can have faith in a God that damns billions to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam.