BEL Television Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

KgovArchives

Is there any interest is seeing any of the Bob Enyart Live television shows again? Entire seasons of some television series are now available on DVD and I'm wondering if there would be enough interest in seeing these shows again.

I've added an opinion question on the archives site, so please consider voting.
You can vote directly from here at:
http://kgovarchives.com/opinion.shtml

I haven't spoken to Bob about this, I wanted to get some feedback first to see if there is even any interest first.

Also, please note, that one of the questions is just to make mp3's of the audio portion and post them on the archives site. However if everyone votes for the free stuff, there most certainly won't be DVD's made available. So vote your first choice.

This poll will close Oct 1st, 2004.

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I'm not sure. A lot of the subjects covered are old news. Also, it's often difficult to tell the subject matter of a show based on the title given to it.

I'm a huge Enyart fan but I'm not sure I'd buy much of it. It sounds like it might be a lot of work for someone for very few orders.

I could be way off on this prediction however.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Those shows are the reason I don't like Bob. And I'm still waiting for Jefferson to prove that I'm wrong. I am enjoying, and agreeing with, The Plot...so far. So, I might like Bob, yet.

wcgreer

Originally posted by Jefferson

I'm not sure. A lot of the subjects covered are old news. Also, it's often difficult to tell the subject matter of a show based on the title given to it.

What stands out in my mind is not so much news and current events, it was the callers. And after all, people never change ya know.

KgovArchives

Originally posted by lighthouse

Those shows are the reason I don't like Bob. And I'm still waiting for Jefferson to prove that I'm wrong.

I haven't been keeping up with the forums too much so I've missed what you're talking about.

I did a search on your threads, but you're an avid poster.

Can you tell me, briefly, what your question is?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't like Bob's attitude towards some things. Though, it may be nothing more than his methods. I know Jefferson personally, and I know he's a great fan of Bob, so I'm waiting for him to show me that I'm wrong about Bob. And I will say that so far I like, and agree with, The Plot, but I haven't finished it yet. I first learned of Bob through his TV show. And I haven't liked him since. That's about it. If you want more detail, I will give it.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
lighthouse,

We PMed about this a few months ago, and then I PMed Jefferson about lending you his copy of "Terry's Call." At the time Jefferson said he wanted you to at least get started reading The Plot first, and it sounds like you have. :thumb:

So you should ask Jefferson to lend you "Terry's Call."

Crow

Lighthouse, I started watching BEL when I was an atheist, and if it hadn't been for that, I would never have bought The Plot, and I would most likely still be an atheist.

I have a great fondness for those old BEL shows.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think it would be good to have Bob back, on TV, but like Jefferson said, the current events wouldn't exactly be current anymore. But... I would like it very much if he was back on the TV.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would buy the DVD's of the show. Hope they are made available some day!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
KgovArchives,
Limited voting ... Some shows are classics, like Terri's call and the one about the egg :) I would buy some, but I could never afford all of them like in boxed sets. If some of the classics that are already on VHS move to DVD, I'll prolly get those. :)

Personally, I would love to have some of the old shows. Mr. Enyart's way of reaching people is edifying.

It would be a monsterous undertaking to organize all the shows or segments by catagory, like: Preaching to homos, preaching to post aborts, preaching to evos, etc. But it would make the DVDs more topic oriented.

I guess it would depend on the price in the end....

KgovArchives

Originally posted by Nineveh
KgovArchives,
Limited voting ... Some shows are classics, like Terri's call and the one about the egg :) I would buy some, but I could never afford all of them like in boxed sets. If some of the classics that are already on VHS move to DVD, I'll prolly get those. :)

I would think they would actually be cheaper. Currently each video tape is already 20-25 each, so for 3-4 of those might could get a whole years worth? I'm speaking out of turn though, I don't know what the mastering and duplication will cost, or even if Bob would consider doing it (as I've said before).

When I compare entire seasons of CSI or other shows are in that price range, but it maybe because they order 100,000 copies at once?

Mr. Enyart's way of reaching people is edifying.

I agree.

It would be a monsterous undertaking to organize all the shows or segments by catagory, like: Preaching to homos, preaching to post aborts, preaching to evos, etc. But it would make the DVDs more topic oriented.

I tried just doing the radio shows once, spent an afternoon on it, but soon gave up on the idea. One point rarely mentioned of Bob, he has a lot of material and covers a lot of topics even during a single show, he can reference quite a number of things.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would he have the "Prairie Dog Slaughter" (or whatever it's called) on any of them? :D

the Sibbie

Originally posted by Turbo

lighthouse,

We PMed about this a few months ago, and then I PMed Jefferson about lending you his copy of "Terry's Call." At the time Jefferson said he wanted you to at least get started reading The Plot first, and it sounds like you have. :thumb:

So you should ask Jefferson to lend you "Terry's Call."
That one brought tears to my eyes. I think that was the one I liked the best so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.