Last edited:

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Reserved for BR X's SLA-BEQ1

Reserved for BR X's SLA-BEQ1

THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR DR. LAMERSON'S ANSWER TO BATTLE ROYALE X’S BEQ1/BEQ50​
In the meantime, consider, why would disagreement arise among Christians over whether God knows the entire future? And how shall it be resolved? Disputes arise from our flesh and become entrenched through our pride. So the Body of Christ will wrestle with false beliefs until Christ returns. As Paul admitted, “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected” (Phil 3:12), for we believers must still resist “the flesh” (Gal. 5:13). “For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known” (1 Cor 13:12), and that does not mean we will be omniscient!

God in wisdom revealed His truth through the Scriptures. Yet while God is not the author of confusion, division and contention abound and we believers readily disagree over what we read. Therefore, Dr. Lamerson and I have a responsibility, and you as the reader have an obligation also. As to us, we know the warning: “let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment” (James 3:1) for if one teaches falsehoods “he will suffer loss” (1 Cor 3:15). Yet this risk notwithstanding, God appointed “teachers for the equipping of the saints” (Eph. 4:11-12). And we should imitate Ezra who “read distinctly from the book… gave the sense, and helped them to understand the reading” (Neh. 8:8). God gave Scripture in the vernacular, so that any man could take it up and read, but equally He intended His Scripture to be taught, for “solid food belongs to those who are of full age” (Heb. 5:14). Thus, in this debate, I have asked God to help me to quote the Scriptures correctly, to give you the sense of each text, and to help you understand the reading, for this meets a desperate need.

As for you, the reader, “the heart of the righteous studies how to answer” (Prov. 15:28), and you should imitate those of Berea who were more “noble” because they “searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so” (Acts 17:11). Mary found Jesus at age twelve, “in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions” (Luke 2:46). And we must all ask God to correct our “pride” for “with the humble is wisdom” (Prov. 11:2).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.