Babies with two biological same-sex parents could become a reality in just two years

GFR7

Trying to keep my posting to a minimum, but this really strikes me as scary and depressing. :(
Thoughts? :think:

What are the implications for family, marriage, parenting? The future? Ancestry and genetics?

Researchers from Cambridge University have found that it is possible to make a baby
using the skin cells of parents of the same sex.

gay-dads.jpg

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/02/2...nts-could-become-a-reality-in-just-two-years/

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trying to keep my posting to a minimum, but this really strikes me as scary and depressing. :(
Thoughts? :think:

What are the implications for family, marriage, parenting? The future? Ancestry and genetics?

I don't really see a downside. Do you?

Sounds like the "two homosexuals cannot have biological children" argument goes right out the window.

The Berean

Lots of things as possible. A controlled fusion reaction is "possible". Flying cars are "possible". Shoot, even warp drive is "possible". Saying creating a human baby from skin cells is "possible" and actually creating a healthy human baby from skin cells are worlds apart. I suspect scientists will soon discover it is far more difficult in the actual details.

By the way why are all your threads about LGBT stuff? :idunno:

GFR7

Lots of things as possible. A controlled fusion reaction is "possible". Flying cars are "possible". Shoot, even warp drive is "possible". Saying creating a human baby from skin cells is "possible" and actually creating a healthy human baby from skin cells are worlds apart. I suspect scientists will soon discover it is far more difficult in the actual details.

By the way why are all your threads about LGBT stuff? :idunno:
I hope you're right. The article claims within 2 years.....

Not all my threads are lgbtq, but most are. Some aspects of the lgbtq advance concern me greatly, and should concern others, too.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As a religious person, you're OK with this? Wow.....

I am *not* a religious person. I am a "freedom for ALL person unless someone commits a serious crime (according to the legitimate law) type of person.

Insofar as the *biological children excuse* against homosexual marriage, IF this becomes a reality, that excuse goes by the wayside.

Though actually, that excuse has always fallen short anyways.

The Berean

I hope you're right. The article claims within 2 years.....

Not all my threads are lgbtq, but most are. Some aspects of the lgbtq advance concern me greatly, and should concern others, too.

Two years? I'm calling nonsense. Also, how many deformed babies will have to be born before a healthy baby is born? :think:

Last edited:

GFR7

I am *not* a religious person. I am a "freedom for ALL person unless someone commits a serious crime (according to the legitimate law) type of person.

Insofar as the *biological children excuse* against homosexual marriage, IF this becomes a reality, that excuse goes by the wayside.

Though actually, that excuse has always fallen short anyways.
Hmmmm, OK - I get it now....... :think:

david.gibbs

When two people of the same sex can conceive a child in the normal manner then the homosexuals may have a leg to stand on. Not gonna happen this millennia, because as far as I know, we haven't observed and evolution in mankind since the dawn of intelligence.