Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight, why is the other side of the pillow always cooler than the side you're sleeping on?
Because the heat of your face and your breathing warms the side of the pillow that you are sleeping on.

Either that... or you are sleeping on a bed of ice!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight: Is anthropogenic pillow warming a hoax or are we going to have to pay pillow credits to offset our higher usage?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why can't we add(detract) from a user's reputation when they are on time-out? Forum feature design?

fool

Hall of Fame
Is this thread broken?
It displays 316 pages, but only allows me to go to page 315.

(edit) and after I post, it takes me to page 316 :sigh:

It's done that to me before too.
It shows there's another page but when you click it it takes you to the page you were on.
Shake the computer.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Any chance we'll ever get back the easier PM feature that let you select from a list of friends if you wanted to group mail a thing (like a notice within a group)? Trying to recall several catchy handles with various _ and 14321s to be had, not to mention the occasional odd capiTalization or sp acing some employ can be problematic on that score at best.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Any chance we'll ever get back the easier PM feature that let you select from a list of friends if you wanted to group mail a thing (like a notice within a group)? Trying to recall several catchy handles with various _ and 14321s to be had, not to mention the occasional odd capiTalization or sp acing some employ can be problematic on that score at best.
When creating a PM the system will give you the correct username as long as you start typing the correct letters.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
GRRR! TOL keeps eating my posts! I was writing this long thread on suffering, death, and education. I accidentally hit the post button, and TOL logged me out. When I hit the back button, my post was gone. :madmad:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
GRRR! TOL keeps eating my posts! I was writing this long thread on suffering, death, and education. I accidentally hit the post button, and TOL logged me out. When I hit the back button, my post was gone. :madmad:
Three points...

1. Don't write long posts
2. Don't compose long posts within TOL (or any other web form for that matter)
3. Use FireFox

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was thinking of the whole "unnecessarily disruptive" infraction and I had to wonder....is there a "necessarily disruptive" designation and if there is can I have that job? :think:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight,
Can I have Supreme Administrator powers (I don't have to have the title, just the powers)? I'd like to change several posters' usernames, but I'm having trouble hacking into the system.

Thanks,
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.