Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've noticed that international tournaments generally regard results of the head to head game for tie-break use as not very significant. For example the soon-to-be-completed Twenty/20 Cricket World Cup rates the head to head result as significant only above "drawing lots".

My gut says a head-to-head result should be the most significant and I can't figure out why anyone would believe any different (ignoring the three team scenario you mentioned).

Maybe it's because they're all gay and we're not? :idunno:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've noticed that international tournaments generally regard results of the head to head game for tie-break use as not very significant. For example the soon-to-be-completed Twenty/20 Cricket World Cup rates the head to head result as significant only above "drawing lots".

My gut says a head-to-head result should be the most significant and I can't figure out why anyone would believe any different (ignoring the three team scenario you mentioned).

Maybe it's because they're all gay and we're not? :idunno:
[Wanda Sykes] That's so gay! [/Wanda Sykes]

assuranceagent

Knight -

If I'm running Vista through Bootcamp, but only access my e-mail, internet (anything net related) through Safari on Leopard, do I need to bother installing anti-viral on the Vista side?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight -

If I'm running Vista through Bootcamp, but only access my e-mail, internet (anything net related) through Safari on Leopard, do I need to bother installing anti-viral on the Vista side?
Yes. You need to protect the Windows side because it is very vulnerable. Luckily even if it were to get infected it couldn't hurt the MacOS side but your Windows side would be all messed up. Think of your Windows side as a completely separate Windows PC. Whatever can happen to a Windows PC can happen on your Windows installation on your Mac.

assuranceagent

Yes. You need to protect the Windows side because it is very vulnerable. Luckily even if it were to get infected it couldn't hurt the MacOS side but your Windows side would be all messed up. Think of your Windows side as a completely separate Windows PC. Whatever can happen to a Windows PC can happen on your Windows installation on your Mac.

But without accessing data disks or internet or e-mail on the windows side, where does the virus risk come from?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My son put something on this computer “Malwarebytes” and if I have any problems, I’m get that little Mac desktop

SaulToPaul 2

My son put something on this computer “Malwarebytes” and if I have any problems, I’m get that little Mac desktop

Yes, Malwarebytes saved my computer from the brink of destruction back in December. No major problems since then, thanks to them.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes, Malwarebytes saved my computer from the brink of destruction back in December. No major problems since then, thanks to them.

What do you do? Just click on it from time to time? I could ask him but he is always so busy and you might know.

I told him that I thought those virus software programs put the virus on the computer just to get you to pay them money. He said that was a bit nuts and that this was a free program. There are always problems with new technology, I guess?

SaulToPaul 2

What do you do? Just click on it from time to time? I could ask him but he is always so busy and you might know.

I told him that I thought those virus software programs put the virus on the computer just to get you to pay them money. He said that was a bit nuts and that this was a free program. There are always problems with new technology, I guess?

Yes, this one is free and legit. I update it every day and do a quick scan...occasionally it will find something and remove it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What does this mean?

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.<br />
<br />
If this occurred unexpectedly, please <a href="mailto:webmaster@theologyonline.com">inform the administrator</a> and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I received it while trying to rep a member

This only has happened the one time, it's not a problem

Last edited:

Mr. 5020

The 'Social Groups' option needs a notification feature.

For example, is it possible to have a notification (like when I get a PM or somebody posts a comment on my profile) when somebody comments in a group I'm a member of.

I pretty much dropped out of most of the groups, like the TOL Street Team, since people kept asking if I saw certain posts and I was missing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.