Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodhigirlsmiles

so.....for what it's worth.....i think it would be fun to have a way to show our current emotional state, similar to the way people's myspace pages do (i don't have a myspace page myself, but all my friends do)....

for example, somewhere by the person's name, it could say:

mood - happy (or sad, or cranky, or thoughtful, or pious, or worried, or enigmatic, or hysterical, or.....whatever)

i know, i know.....it's probably a silly idea.

(shhhhhhhhh....i'm a girl!)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so.....for what it's worth.....i think it would be fun to have a way to show our current emotional state, similar to the way people's myspace pages do (i don't have a myspace page myself, but all my friends do)....

:think: I thought that's what the smilies were for. My signature line, for instance, wonderfully carries my constant, crabby, surly, yet oddly hopeful disposition with it.

fool

Hall of Fame
I'm likin' the idea.... can I be on the jury? :banana:

Seriously tho, sounds interesting.

We can't really cross examine witnesses or the acused.
I think it would have to be like a Supreme Court format.
TOL would be the court and vote.
The teams would make opening statements, arguements, rebuttels and closing statements.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

for example, somewhere by the person's name, it could say:

mood - happy (or sad, or cranky, or thoughtful, or pious, or worried, or enigmatic, or hysterical, or.....whatever)

i know, i know.....it's probably a silly idea.

(shhhhhhhhh....i'm a girl!)
I think it should be able to be changed with every post. However, that might cause it to change on all of your posts, then it would look like you were happy when you were bidding farewell to someone who passed...

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
font sizes..........

font sizes..........

~*~*~

Hi Knight and all reading,

I've noticed that font size in Explorer tends to 'appear' a notch higher on certain of the fonts, like compared to using a Firefox browser. For instance I sometimes like to use 'Times New Roman' for some paragraph commentaries,etc...and in firefox (at least on my pc)...size 3 of this font is perfect (close to default text size). However, I noticed on a friends pc using Explorer....the text reads larger than the default text, like a size 4. For instance, see sentence below in default followed by Times New Roman, in size 3. - using firefox on this pc,...it shows them near same size (preferable to me)-

-----------

See Spot run chasing Sally around the garden patch. (default)

See Spot run chasing Sally around the garden patch. (Times New Roman, size 3)

-------------

Depending on what browser you're using or pc configuration,...do the above fonts seem near same size? or does the bottom one look a notch larger? (like size 4)? Just curious how the font size looks to you and others out there - let me know(and what browser your using),....just investigating. Or am I going cookoo? lol

pj

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think it should be able to be changed with every post. However, that might cause it to change on all of your posts, then it would look like you were happy when you were bidding farewell to someone who passed...
:rotfl:

See, this is why the place just isn't the same without you. :D :e4e:

always_learning

Hmmm...

Hmmm...

Um... I think we have this option already... Right below the "Message" box as I type this there is a "Post Icons" box, with some smilies and stuff. and there's the title too, you could put your emoticon in there... Just some thoughts.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Um... I think we have this option already... Right below the "Message" box as I type this there is a "Post Icons" box, with some smilies and stuff. and there's the title too, you could put your emoticon in there... Just some thoughts.
While the icons are good, there aren't that many of them. And smilies don't work in titles...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
~*~*~

Hi Knight and all reading,

I've noticed that font size in Explorer tends to 'appear' a notch higher on certain of the fonts, like compared to using a Firefox browser. For instance I sometimes like to use 'Times New Roman' for some paragraph commentaries,etc...and in firefox (at least on my pc)...size 3 of this font is perfect (close to default text size). However, I noticed on a friends pc using Explorer....the text reads larger than the default text, like a size 4. For instance, see sentence below in default followed by Times New Roman, in size 3. - using firefox on this pc,...it shows them near same size (preferable to me)-

-----------

See Spot run chasing Sally around the garden patch. (default)

See Spot run chasing Sally around the garden patch. (Times New Roman, size 3)

-------------

Depending on what browser you're using or pc configuration,...do the above fonts seem near same size? or does the bottom one look a notch larger? (like size 4)? Just curious how the font size looks to you and others out there - let me know(and what browser your using),....just investigating. Or am I going cookoo? lol

pj
Sorry but I can't fix Microsoft.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Isn't there a Mac patch? :D
Yes there is.

It works like this....

Throw all of your Microsoft Window's PC's in the trash. Pour 1 gallon of gasoline on them and light them on fire. Monitor the fire so that it does not pose a threat to your neighbor.

When the fire burns out swiftly drive to the apple store and buy a brand new Mac.

Return home, whisper to yourself thanking me for this advice and never look back.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
double drats...........

double drats...........

Yes there is.

It works like this....

Throw all of your Microsoft Window's PC's in the trash. Pour 1 gallon of gasoline on them and light them on fire. Monitor the fire so that it does not pose a threat to your neighbor.

When the fire burns out swiftly drive to the apple store and buy a brand new Mac.

Return home, whisper to yourself thanking me for this advice and never look back.

doh! - do I detect a slight bias for Macs? ;) giggles
hey,...pretty 'green' here, but I do like using firefox,...uh...i guess its on a 'microsoft window's pc - oops,...dont tar and feather me yet. I'd like to get a new pc soon, and get off dial-up. I just figured your tech-wizardry and experience (prolly better than mine) might land me a tip or 2. Will consider your recommendation,...but without the bonfire :)

pj

The Berean

Knight,

With all this North Korea nuclear weapons business what should the U.S. and the international community do about it?

1) The U.S. and other nations should continue to negotiate with North Korea to disarm.

2) The U.S. alone should bomb North Korea's nuclear facilities.

3) The U.S., with other countries, should bomb North Korea's nuclear facilities.

4) Do something else.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight,

With all this North Korea nuclear weapons business what should the U.S. and the international community do about it?

1) The U.S. and other nations should continue to negotiate with North Korea to disarm.

2) The U.S. alone should bomb North Korea's nuclear facilities.

3) The U.S. with other countries bomb North Korea's nuclear facilities.

4) Do something else.
Without knowing all the intelligence that would be a tough one for me to answer.

If the US had intelligence that made it clear that N Korea was an imminent threat then yes I think we would have to strike first.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Survey to celebrities (modified from an old Conan O'Brien show):

"Please finish the following sentence: 'I find it difficult to get out of bed in the morning when ___________'."

Jackie Chan: "When I stayed up late partying the night before."
Tom Cruise: "When I burned the midnight oil working."
Ruben Stoddard: "When one of the pullies is broken."

Hope it's okay that I didn't ask a question in the Ask Knight thread.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yes there is.

It works like this....

Don't forget to put all your necessary files on a flash drive first, so you can transfer them.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight:

If team A wins 2 loses 1 and Team B likewise wins 2 and loses 1 in a 4 team round robin competition, Team A scores more points in all games than Team B, but Team B beats Team A who should be declared the winner of the round robin tournament and why?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight:

If team A wins 2 loses 1 and Team B likewise wins 2 and loses 1 in a 4 team round robin competition, Team A scores more points in all games than Team B, but Team B beats Team A who should be declared the winner of the round robin tournament and why?
It depends on the tournament format (they all have different tie-breakers).

However in the case you raised normally head to head is the first tie breaker so team B would be the winner.

The wacky thing is when 3 teams are tied for wins and loses yet each team has a win and a loss against the others. In that case head-to-head cannot be used therefore goal differential is usually the tie-breaker (total points scored minus total points scored against).

Status
Not open for further replies.