Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Serious "Ask Knight" question from me for once...

Fat Sam's is an example of a forum that is not visible to all. One has to meet a certain criterion to have access to that. Can a forum like this be set up for other things, such as MidActs Dispensationalism? It would be nice to have an invitation-only forum where like-minded people can study and discuss the scriptures together without having the distractions of pests. Social Groups don't exactly fit, since anyone can join and be a pest if they want. And it would be nice if we could "talk" freely among ourselves, and have cordial disagreements among ourselves that we attempt to work through, without the nay-sayers mocking, in other posts/threads, what they see us discuss.

MidActs'ers could be invited, as well as sincere, interested non-MAD'ers. At the discretion of the group.

That make sense?

Thanks,
Randy

...I was on this forum once where a large number of pre-tribulation rapture people did that. Then one day they decided to have a marathon session and none of them showed up in the regular stream.

Panicked everyone for a minute or two.

You never know what consequences might follow the best of intentions...And did I mention that the next morning there was a hook hanging from the home page? :shocked: :reals:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dear boy, that is a great idea! But, I can't help myself. I have one,to me, very serious concern: There are "knee-jerk" rage-filled posters who do not add anything substantive to any subject! Will they be invited to the discussion? I would very much be waiting for my invitation! I know I'm edgy at times, but, my heart is in the right place.:thumb: peace, bybee
There won't be any collateral damage in the environment I envision, bybee. As far as I'm concerned, you'd be welcome (since you present yourself as sincerely interested) and safe.

...I was on this forum once where a large number of pre-tribulation rapture people did that. Then one day they decided to have a marathon session and none of them showed up in the regular stream.

Panicked everyone for a minute or two.

You never know what consequences might follow the best of intentions...And did I mention that the next morning there was a hook hanging from the home page? :shocked: :reals:
How did they do that? A special, invitation-only forum was set up for that?

I don't think you'd have to worry about that, TH. It's enjoyable to discuss and debate in both a cordial and a hostile environment. So they'd both have their place.

Of course, this could all be a moot conversation if Knight nips the idea in the bud.

RA

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Fat Sam's is an example of a forum that is not visible to all. One has to meet a certain criterion to have access to that. Can a forum like this be set up for other things, such as MidActs Dispensationalism? It would be nice to have an invitation-only forum where like-minded people can study and discuss the scriptures together without having the distractions of pests. Social Groups don't exactly fit, since anyone can join and be a pest if they want. And it would be nice if we could "talk" freely among ourselves, and have cordial disagreements among ourselves that we attempt to work through, without the nay-sayers mocking, in other posts/threads, what they see us discuss.

MidActs'ers could be invited, as well as sincere, interested non-MAD'ers. At the discretion of the group.

That make sense?

Thanks,
Randy
Well, that's pretty much the design of a certain "unnamed" forum that exists. :D

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, that's pretty much the design of a certain "unnamed" forum that exists. :D

Yes, but there are some people who aren't in there but who have valuable MidActs insights/understandings or who are genuinely interested in learning.

No big deal, though. Just a thought. Thanks, bud. :)

fool

Hall of Fame
Two questions;
1. Can we get an Exclusivly Atheist forum where the Atheists can explain things to each other?

2. How can we increase the traffic to this site?
http://thegeorgetillermemorial.com/
Can you make it the front page article?
It's hitting second on a Google of "George Tiller memorial" AFTER a site soliciting donations to a fund to continue his work.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

That make sense?

Thanks,
Randy
:shut:

Speaking of.. :up:
We tried that. No comment.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight;
Obviously with the recent events the abortion debate is going to be huge, the trial will be the focal point of the entire issue.
Perhaps a mock trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.