ARCHIVE: Turns out Victory Church is not responsible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sozo

Merfbliff said:
Pastor Buddy and Pastor Mike, Dylan's Family and all of VC, these TOO are people Jesus died on the cross for - they are just as valuable to Him as Dylan was.

And Dylan was just as valuable as Jesus to Pastor Buddy and Pastor Mike, Dylan's Family and all of VC!

'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Merfbliff said:
You think they made the wrong decicion... fine, ok that's great.
Let's clear the air....

Please answer the following two questions....

1. Do you think Dylan's parents made the right decision? (to starve Dylan)
2. Does your church (specifically the Pastors) think Dylans parents made the right decision.

Adam

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Let's clear the air....

Please answer the following two questions....

1. Do you think Dylan's parents made the right decision? (to starve Dylan)
2. Does your church (specifically the Pastors) think Dylans parents made the right decision.
AMEN! This is the chance for Victory Church to clear their name right here and now.

Where do they stand? Just come out and say it.

Sozo

Merfbliff said:
God sometimes chooses to take the lives of children, we don't know why, but we have to trust His will.

God didn't take Dylan's life, he was murdered.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Merfbliff said:
I don't go to Victory Church, so I can't answer for them. But I believe they made the right desicion.
If that were true why did you state....
Merfbliff said:
It seriously wasn't their fault.
If you really think the parents made the right decision there is no fault to be placed.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Merfbliff said:
By just reading the article you can't find blame in Victory Church, unless you are a finger pointing, "stone-her-she's-a-sinner", Pharisee, going over all their words with a microscope looking for splinters in their eyes. It never occurred to you or Bob Enyart and most of these jerks on this site,

You realize you are being a hypocrite, right?

Merfbliff said:
that Dylan's family has had to make the hardest decicion they've ever made.

They decided to starve their child to death. Did Victory church play a role in this decision?

Merfbliff said:
You think they made the wrong decicion... fine, ok that's great. What are you gonna do from here? Be like Jesus?

And judge with righteous judgment? Yes. The child was murdered.

Merfbliff said:
or be a moron????

I would rather follow Christ's example, not yours.

Merfbliff said:
Pastor Buddy and Pastor Mike, Dylan's Family and all of VC, these TOO are people Jesus died on the cross for - they are just as valuable to Him as Dylan was.

You are equating Dylan's value with these other people. So then why was Dylan starved to death? Who suggested to the parents that this be done?

JoyfulRook

Merfbliff said:
God sometimes chooses to take the lives of children, we don't know why, but we have to trust His will.
That is vile and disgusting. God doesn't choose to murder little four year olds. That is the sin of men, not God.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dread Helm said:
That is vile and disgusting. God doesn't choose to murder little four year olds. That is the sin of men, not God.

Just to add to that, Where in the Bible or in any circumstances does God kill innocent children?

RobE

Merfbliff said:

It's God's right to make those choices because He's God. Good examples are infants at Sodom, infants at the time of the flood, etc......

Your rep shouldn't suffer because you said this truth. On the other hand.....

We aren't God and have no moral authority to take the life of the innocent(or stand by and let them die).

Remember, genetic testing could prove Dylan wasn't a vegetable. I strongly object to the term....

Rob

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Lucky said:
I agree. But the problem with using all means possible all of the time is that we occasionally end up with a veg like Dylan. A veg that probably wouldn't have made into this world if it were not for unnatural means. A veg that probably wouldn't have made it at all 100 years ago, before we had all this modern technology. Not that the technology is bad, but it does have its side effects. And it seems like it's becoming a bigger issue as medical technology gets better and better. A growing dilemma.

Have fun.

It is not required that you use all means possible all the time. If you have a baby that is dying i.e. born with yellow back, half a skull and no brain (like a typical liberal) you can just let him die, but it is not OK to kill him with a hammer or by starvation. That is murder. It is really simple, don't murder, I don't see the dilemma.

The skiing was great! It was a blizzard!

Lucky

Hall of Fame
CRASH said:
It is not required that you use all means possible all the time. If you have a baby that is dying i.e. born with yellow back, half a skull and no brain (like a typical liberal) you can just let him die, but it is not OK to kill him with a hammer or by starvation. That is murder.
Sounds like we're on the same page.
It is really simple, don't murder, I don't see the dilemma.
The dilemma I mean is that with modern medical technology even a seriously dying baby can be saved sometimes. Say a baby is missing half a brain and a dozen other problems, and the doctors say if the baby does survive it'll be crippled beyond description. The parents are faced with the dilemna of letting the seriously baby die a natural death, or use extraordinary, unnatural means to keep it alive anyway.
The skiing was great! It was a blizzard!
:up:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Lucky said:
Sounds like we're on the same page.

The dilemma I mean is that with modern medical technology even a seriously dying baby can be saved sometimes. Say a baby is missing half a brain and a dozen other problems, and the doctors say if the baby does survive it'll be crippled beyond description. The parents are faced with the dilemna of letting the seriously baby die a natural death, or use extraordinary, unnatural means to keep it alive anyway.

:up:

OK, I guess that is a decision that could be characterized as a delemma. If the parents feel they have the means and the technology is available then it is Ok for them to wash the yellow off the babies back, and buy an artificial brain and skull for the child and take care of him as long as he lives. I think you would agree that's OK, it's just a difficult decision to make.

I think the same type of decision / dilemma was faced by people 100 years ago even though the technology level would have been different.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
CRASH said:
OK, I guess that is a decision that could be characterized as a delemma. If the parents feel they have the means and the technology is available then it is Ok for them to wash the yellow off the babies back, and buy an artificial brain and skull for the child and take care of him as long as he lives. I think you would agree that's OK, it's just a difficult decision to make.
Definitely. One thing that worries me about the growing support of Dylan-style murders is that now parents will save all because if the kid doesn't "normalize" by age 4 or whatever they can just "scrap the project" and move on. It's so sickening.
I think the same type of decision / dilemma was faced by people 100 years ago even though the technology level would have been different.
You probably know more about life 100 years ago than I do. ;)

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Lucky said:
Definitely. One thing that worries me about the growing support of Dylan-style murders is that now parents will save all because if the kid doesn't "normalize" by age 4 or whatever they can just "scrap the project" and move on. It's so sickening.

Yikes!

Lucky said:
You probably know more about life 100 years ago than I do. ;)

Hey! I'm old, but I'm not THAT old!

Status
Not open for further replies.