ECT Anyone want to see why Paul had problems with the Law?

Interplanner

Over in Religion at:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...rding-adultery&p=4772242&posted=1#post4772242

a person very familiar with the vocabulary of the Law on marriage and sex has weighed in on Rom 7, polygamy, etc.

I have responded at #214 because this is about why Paul would regard the Law as 'the weak and miserable elements of the world' that is 'powerless to stop sensual indulgence.' Who needs enemies of purity and restraint when you've got 'pals' like this?

DAN P

Over in Religion at:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...rding-adultery&p=4772242&posted=1#post4772242

a person very familiar with the vocabulary of the Law on marriage and sex has weighed in on Rom 7, polygamy, etc.

I have responded at #214 because this is about why Paul would regard the Law as 'the weak and miserable elements of the world' that is 'powerless to stop sensual indulgence.' Who needs enemies of purity and restraint when you've got 'pals' like this?

Hi and Paul says in Phil 3:6 , that concerning the RIGHTOUSNESS of LAW , HE , Paul was BLAMENESS !!

dan p

DAN P

Over in Religion at:

Can you explain what the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the LAW is ??

dan p

Last edited:

Danoh

Can you explain what the RIGHTEOUSNESS lof the LAW is ??

dan p

Now on this; his answer will prove he cannot explain that in accordance with "that which is written."

Then again; few appear able to understand it properly.

Even fewer appear able to explain it.

And yet, there it is: clear as can be; in the KJV :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Now on this; his answer will prove he cannot explain that in accordance with "that which is written."

Then again; few appear able to understand it properly.

Even fewer appear able to explain it.

And yet, there it is: clear as can be; in the KJV :)

It's not Israel's unconditional salvation apart from faith in God having already sent His son.

DAN P

It's not Israel's unconditional salvation apart from faith in God having already sent His son.

Hi and I looked what the Greek word RIGHTEOUSNESS / DIAIOSYNE means as it is transliterated word with many meaning and it means :

#1 , attain a state approved of God

#2 , interity

#3 , purity of life

#4 , correcteness of thinking

And read Phil 3:4-7 !!

dan p

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Over in Religion at:

Are you referring to Sonnet?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hi and I looked what the Greek word RIGHTEOUSNESS / DIAIOSYNE means as it is transliterated word with many meaning and it means :

#1 , attain a state approved of God

#2 , interity

#3 , purity of life

#4 , correcteness of thinking

And read Phil 3:4-7 !!

dan p

Start with verse 3.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

End with 9.

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Now read 4-8.

Danoh

Start with verse 3.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

End with 9.

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Now read 4-8.

Smooth move xlax; but no cigar.

Considering that "that righteousness which is of the law" had been a legitimate system in it's own right; you haven't really answered the question - you only think you have...

Just goes to show the blindspot of attempting to solve for a thing via oversimplifications like relying only on the Greek alone; and or on dictionaries alone; and or on a few passages alone.

Mr Gazoo says to tell Barney to tell Fred to try again; you - otherwise no yaba-daba-daba-doo for you :chuckle:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Smooth move xlax; but no cigar.

Considering that "that righteousness which is of the law" had been a legitimate system in it's own right; you haven't really answered the question - you only think you have...

Just goes to show the blindspot of attempt to solve for a thing via oversimplifications like not only relying on the Greek alone; and or on dictionaries alone; and or one a few passages alone.

Mr Gazoo says to tell Barney to tell Fred to try again; you - otherwise no yaba-daba-daba-doo for you :chuckle:
?

Do you mix grace with law?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Over in Religion at:

Are you saying Paul struggled with sensual feelings?

Interplanner

Are you saying Paul struggled with sensual feelings?

I don't think so. I think he more struggles with revenge. For him it would have been righteous revenge as he understood it in Judaism, against Christians, and then possibly with some revenge at former enemies later after becoming a Christian.

That line is a remark of his in Col 2 about the neo-Judaism that needs to be taken down.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Anyone want to see why Paul had problems with the Law?

No, Yohannon at 211.
Lol. Good point.

You made an excellent point that it shows the contrast of the stone to the commandment of Love.

It doesn't get more black and white than that.

I about had fell over when I read that David was guiltless in the Bathsheeba ordeal.

Even David admits his guilt in the Psalms.

Last edited: