ECT Another nugget-the bible is a book of details....

john w

Hall of Fame
"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our
learning,
that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." Romans 15:4 KJV

During the Lord Jesus Christ's time, it was customary, during "teaching environments", that only the teachers would be given the honour of sitting.

Please survey : Matthew 13:1-2 KJV, Matthew 24:3 KJV, Matthew 26:55 KJV; Mark 2:6 KJV, Mark 4:1 KJV, Mark 9:35 KJV, Mark 12:41 KJV, Mark 13:3;Luke 4:20 KJV, Luke 5:3 KJV, Luke 5:17 KJV;John 8:2 KJV; Acts 13:14-15 KJV, Acts 16:13 KJV

"The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore." Matthew 13:1-2 KJV

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?" Mt. 24:3 KJV

"In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me." Mt. 26:55 KJV

"But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,..." Mark 2:6 KJV

"And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land." Mark 4:1 KJV

"And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all." Mark 9:35 KJV

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much." Mark 12:41 KJV

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,..." Mark 13:3 KJV

"And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him." Luke 4:20 KJV

"And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship." Luke 5:3 KJV

"And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them." Luke 5:17 KJV

"And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them." John 8:2

"But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on." Acts 13:14-15 KJV

"And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither." Acts 16:13 KJV

And also notice in Matthew chapter 5, tradtionally referred to as "The Sermon on the Mount", in which "Hollywood" typically portrays the Lord Jesus Christ as standing, He is actually sitting down, teaching:

"And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are..................................."

Now, notice:

"And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers." Luke 2:46-47 KJV

And notice His age:

"And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast." Luke 2:42 KJV

Truly is the Saviour "Wonderful"(Isaiah 9:6 KJV), truly is He "astonishing"(Mt. 7:28-29 KJV, Mt. 13:54 KJV, Mt. 22:33 KJV; Mark 1:22 KJV, Mark 6:2 KJV, Mark 10:24 KJV; Luke 2:46 KJV, Luke 4:32 KJV), and truly is He "Great", as it is written:

"Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable." Psalms 145:3 KJV

SaulToPaul 2

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our
learning,
that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." Romans 15:4 KJV

During the Lord Jesus Christ's time, it was customary, during "teaching environments", that only the teachers would be given the honour of sitting.

Please survey : Matthew 13:1-2 KJV, Matthew 24:3 KJV, Matthew 26:55 KJV; Mark 2:6 KJV, Mark 4:1 KJV, Mark 9:35 KJV, Mark 12:41 KJV, Mark 13:3;Luke 4:20 KJV, Luke 5:3 KJV, Luke 5:17 KJV;John 8:2 KJV; Acts 13:14-15 KJV, Acts 16:13 KJV

"The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore." Matthew 13:1-2 KJV

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?" Mt. 24:3 KJV

"In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me." Mt. 26:55 KJV

"But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,..." Mark 2:6 KJV

"And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land." Mark 4:1 KJV

"And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all." Mark 9:35 KJV

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much." Mark 12:41 KJV

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,..." Mark 13:3 KJV

"And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him." Luke 4:20 KJV

"And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship." Luke 5:3 KJV

"And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them." Luke 5:17 KJV

"And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them." John 8:2

"But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on." Acts 13:14-15 KJV

"And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither." Acts 16:13 KJV

And also notice in Matthew chapter 5, tradtionally referred to as "The Sermon on the Mount", in which "Hollywood" typically portrays the Lord Jesus Christ as standing, He is actually sitting down, teaching:

"And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are..................................."

Now, notice:

"And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers." Luke 2:46-47 KJV

And notice His age:

"And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast." Luke 2:42 KJV

Truly is the Saviour "Wonderful"(Isaiah 9:6 KJV), truly is He "astonishing"(Mt. 7:28-29 KJV, Mt. 13:54 KJV, Mt. 22:33 KJV; Mark 1:22 KJV, Mark 6:2 KJV, Mark 10:24 KJV; Luke 2:46 KJV, Luke 4:32 KJV), and truly is He "Great", as it is written:

"Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable." Psalms 145:3 KJV
:up:

Plagiarism!

Howard Sprague wrote this in his spare time as a beachcomber.

john w

Hall of Fame
:up:

Plagiarism!

Howard Sprague wrote this in his spare time as a beachcomber.

Thank you, Nihilo, Danoh.

As for you, rabble rouser Mayor, why don't you head on down to your local "Emmit's Fix It Shop," and change the cuckoo clock settings, switching "AM," to "FM," and vice versa? Wouldn't that be fun, as half of the town would be late to work, "in a hurry?" I bet you and Wally would have a real chuckle over that one, as you down a few "hard" ciders, chased by Huckleberry Smashes! You beat everything, you know that Breen-ite follower?

SaulToPaul 2

As for you, rabble rouser Mayor, why don't you head on down to your local "Emmit's Fix It Shop," and change the cuckoo clock settings, switching "AM," to "FM," and vice versa? Wouldn't that be fun, as half of the town would be late to work, "in a hurry?" I bet you and Wally would have a real chuckle over that one, as you down a few "hard" ciders, chased by Huckleberry Smashes! You beat everything, you know that Breen-ite follower?

Well, brother, if there's two things I hate...it's falsifying and plagiarizing Howard Sprague.

SaulToPaul 2

Next, you are going to ask, as they asked Howard, "Why did you do it?( saint John W)"

You need to give up your Wall Street rat race, saint john, and get a trailer by the sea in Malibu...a la James Scott Rockford.

Am I getting through to you fella? Life is too short to spend it pulling a Bud Fox on innocent victims.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
What I most like about it, is thinking about how He didn't teach people in an amphitheater. He would find a place where a lot of people could gather around and see Him and hear Him.

And what a contrast it is, this image of our Lord sitting and teaching, thousands of people, with zero amplification; to so many speakers today, who stand, with microphones and PA equipment, to make themselves heard.

Our Lord didn't do that. He sat. And if He was sitting while He spoke to thousands of people, then His voice must have been:

I think there's more than one reason He is the LION of Judah.

john w

Hall of Fame
You need to give up your Wall Street rat race, saint john, and get a trailer by the sea in Malibu...a la James Scott Rockford.

Am I getting through to you fella? Life is too short to spend it pulling a Bud Fox on innocent victims.

I guess you're not here to open an IRA, Mayor.

I've downgraded you from "accumulate," to "short at market/cut your losses." Imagine....a fine son like you, not getting into my country club!

SaulToPaul 2

I've downgraded you from "accumulate," to "short at market/cut your losses." Imagine....a fine son like you, not getting into my country club!

Oh boy, you think you're so great because you belong to the Esquire Club, have brandy and cigars with Roger Courtney, and your golf score is "higher" than mine! The altar at All Souls Church is open for you to come and repent.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

In certain areas in America, these traditions remained regarding an "elder". Obama is destroying it from the inside out because the frontal assault would not work. I wonder if this will be gone before next January.

Just a side note.