ECT An exchange between Billy Graham and Robert Schuller

musterion

GRAHAM: "I think that everybody that loves Christ or knows Christ—whether they’re conscious of it or not, they’re members of the Body of Christ. And that’s what God is doing today. He’s calling people out of the world for His name. Whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world, or the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ because they’ve been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus, but they know in their heart that they need something that they don’t have, and they turn to the only light that they have. And I think that they are saved, and that they’re going to be with us in Heaven."

SCHULLER: “What I hear you saying that it’s possible for Jesus Christ to come into human hearts and soul and life, even if they’ve been born in darkness and have never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you’re saying?”

GRAHAM: “Yes, it is, because I believe that. I’ve met people in various parts of the world in tribal situations, that they have never seen a Bible or heard about a Bible, and never heard of Jesus, but they’ve believed in their hearts that there was a God, and they’ve tried to live a life that was quite apart from the surrounding community in which they lived.

Carefully notice the evidence Graham believed that such were saved.

Then there was this, when Larry King asked Graham about Muslims going to heaven even though they reject Christ...

GRAHAM: “That’s in God’s hands. I can’t be the judge.”

KING: “How do you feel when you see a lot of these strong Christian leaders go on television and say, ‘You are condemned. You will live in Hell if you do not accept Jesus Christ,’ and they are forceful and judgmental?”

GRAHAM: “Well, they have a right to say that, and they are true to a certain extent, but I don’t—that’s not my calling. My calling is to preach the love of God and the forgiveness of God and the fact that He does forgive us. … [Y]ou can get off on all kinds of different side trends, and in my earlier ministry, I did the same, but as I got older, I guess I became more mellow and more forgiving and more loving.”

Jerry Shugart

I imagine that Billy Graham was thinking of the following passages from the Bible:

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him"
(Acts 10:34-35).​

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him" (Heb.11:34-35).​

Does anyone disagree with what those passages say?

Does what is said there support what Billy Graham said?

musterion

I imagine that Billy Graham was thinking of the following passages from the Bible:

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him"
(Acts 10:34-35).​
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him" (Heb.11:34-35).​

Does anyone disagree with what those passages say?

Does what is said there support what Billy Graham said?

Graham said people can be saved and not even know who Christ is or what He did, nor ever having seen or heard a Bible preached.

Jerry, the Two-Gospel Kid. Fastest heretic in the West. Keep digging, Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

Graham said people can be saved and not even know who Christ is or what He did, nor ever having seen or heard a Bible preached.

Why did you not address the verses which I quoted?

Are they not in your Bible or they don't count because they do not conform to your little ideas?

That's the way that you treat the Scriptures so I see no hope that you will ever change. You pick and choose which ones you will believe and then just close your eyes to the other ones.

musterion

Why did you not address the verses which I quoted?

Are they not in your Bible or they don't count because they do not conform to your little ideas?

That's the way that you treat the Scriptures so I see no hope that you will ever change. You pick and choose which ones you will believe and then just close your eyes to the other ones.

You preach a false gospel. Got nothing else to discuss with you.

Jerry Shugart

You preach a false gospel. Got nothing else to discuss with you.

What have I ever said about the gospel which is false?

Of course since you cannot answer the verses which I quoted you must attack me in the hope that no one will notice that you just want to ignore them.

musterion

You're on ignore now, Jerry. Just wanted you to know. Take your false gospel of two gospels elsewhere.