Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Ala. Supreme Court: Unborn Child a Person

This is the show from Monday January 14th, 2013

SUMMARY:

No Matter How Small: The Alabama Supreme Court has recognized the Personhood of the unborn child! Matthew Staver, founder of Liberty Council joins Bob and co-host Doug McBurney and explains that it is the US Supreme Court that stands alone in it’s failure to recognize the humanity, and rights of the unborn child.

* Planned Parenthood Supports Fetal Homicide: Bob points out the surprising news that Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is supporting a “fetal homicide: bill in the Colorado legislature. Have they had a change of heart? Or is the social tension of Personhood causing pressure that changes their tactics?

* Biblically Correct Football Picks: Bob & Doug comment on the Bronco’s failure to win at Mile high last week, then Doug asserts that the Patriots Bill Belichick is a cheater, Bob brings up the murder case obstructed by the Ravens Ray Lewis, and the pick goes to the Pats. And with San Francisco being the epicenter of perversion in America, the biblically correct pick goes to the falcons by default.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinker

Great recommendation! Alabama is so well-known worldwide as such a center of higher thinking that alone makes the lunacy of thinking a fetus which cannot possibly stand on its own and is totally dependent on the mother's body for life support, constitutes a "person". Only in a backward state like Alabama could such biological stupidity become law.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great recommendation! Alabama is so well-known worldwide as such a center of higher thinking that alone makes the lunacy of thinking a fetus which cannot possibly stand on its own and is totally dependent on the mother's body for life support, constitutes a "person". Only in a backward state like Alabama could such biological stupidity become law.

Why shouldn't a mother be required to care for the unborn child that she willingly conceived?

Consent to sex IS consenting the fact that pregnancy is a real possibility.

fool

Hall of Fame
Great recommendation! Alabama is so well-known worldwide as such a center of higher thinking that alone makes the lunacy of thinking a fetus which cannot possibly stand on its own and is totally dependent on the mother's body for life support, constitutes a "person".

You did not just disparage Alabama. :jawdrop:
The wrath of Town shall be upon you. :grave:

Only in a backward state like Alabama could such biological stupidity become law.

It's called science.
Do they have that where you live?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I fail to see any logic in the idea that they are not persons simply because of dependence on the mother in order to stay alive.

Can you explain why this disqualifies them from personhood?

skinker

I fail to see any logic in the idea that they are not persons simply because of dependence on the mother in order to stay alive.

Can you explain why this disqualifies them from personhood?

A person is not defined in my dictionary as a fetus. There is no definitions under "person" that can possibly be applied to a fetus that cannot breathe or eat on its own. A fetus is totally part of the mother's body while it is in the womb. Only the mother can make decisions about her own body. Anything else is outside the jurisdiction of others not the mother. We don't allow doctors to perform surgeries without the patient's consent and the same ethics apply to pregnancies. And who are men to judge what women can or cannot do with their own bodies? Even God performs abortions and is in fact the world's busiest abortionist with just about every single woman on earth who can conceive children have experienced at least one spontaneous abortion in her life. Usually a lot more, many going undetected. Why on earth do you think men know more than God about the conditions for healthy life for a baby? And why on earth punish a woman for consciously making abortion decisions when you never complain when it is done unconsciously? Double standard based on ignorance of biology mixed with bad religious ideas.

Truth will never allow men to control women without a political fight now that women have political rights. Better get used to it. Patriarchial control of women is fast disappearing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A person is not defined in my dictionary as a fetus. There is no definitions under "person" that can possibly be applied to a fetus that cannot breathe or eat on its own. A fetus is totally part of the mother's body while it is in the womb. Only the mother can make decisions about her own body. Anything else is outside the jurisdiction of others not the mother. We don't allow doctors to perform surgeries without the patient's consent and the same ethics apply to pregnancies.

As you know, pregnancies are like no other medical condition due to the fact that there is ANOTHER life involved. That life is an innocent, unborn person who, by no fault of their own, exists ...

And who are men to judge what women can or cannot do with their own bodies?

Are you saying that *you* do not judge the actions of men and women when they intentionally harm others?

Even God performs abortions and is in fact the world's busiest abortionist with just about every single woman on earth who can conceive children have experienced at least one spontaneous abortion in her life. Usually a lot more, many going undetected. Why on earth do you think men know more than God about the conditions for healthy life for a baby? And why on earth punish a woman for consciously making abortion decisions when you never complain when it is done unconsciously? Double standard based on ignorance of biology mixed with bad religious ideas.

For the same reason no one complains when a volcano erupts and kills innocent people as compared to when people drag their children up to the volcano and throw them inside ...

Disallowing women the right to kill their children is NOT punishment ... and to define it is such is over the top exaggeration teetering on the border of Crazy Town, USA.

Truth will never allow men to control women without a political fight now that women have political rights. Better get used to it. Patriarchial control of women is fast disappearing.

Interestingly enough you are trying to make this about men controlling women rather than society trying to protect ALL of it's children.

There is no good reason that BOTH the mother and her child cannot live and thrive. Why, outside of being selfish and cruel, would any women OR man prefer to kill an innocent, unborn baby rather than give him/her the gift of life?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
A person is not defined in my dictionary as a fetus.
Seeing as how not all persons are fetuses this is a no-brainer.

Or did you mean to say, "a fetus is not defined as a person"? If so, seeing as how not all fetuses are human, this is also a no-brainer.

The issue is whether or not human fetuses are persons. Can you show me they are not, with logic?

There is no definitions under "person" that can possibly be applied to a fetus that cannot breathe or eat on its own.
Really?
per·son

[pur-suh n] noun
1. a human being, whether man, woman, or child: The table seats four persons.
2. a human being as distinguished from an animal or a thing.

How is it that neither of those definitions can be applied to a fetus?

A fetus is totally part of the mother's body while it is in the womb.
It is? What tells you that? The fact that it has its own distinct DNA? Or perhaps that it has, and is developing, its own body parts...

Are these the things that tell you it's a part of its mother's body?

Only the mother can make decisions about her own body.
So you believe we should allow people to make decisions regarding their own bodies that harm them?

And who are men to judge what women can or cannot do with their own bodies?
So I can't have a say in what a woman might do with my child, one who has half my DNA, but is somehow not part of my body while it's part of hers since it has half her DNA and is inside her body? Is that really the line that makes a difference for you?

And what if she decides to have the child and I decide I don't want it? Do I have a say in that? Or should I be made to pay child support?

Also, aren't you a man? This makes you a hypocrite, doesn't it?

Even God performs abortions and is in fact the world's busiest abortionist with just about every single woman on earth who can conceive children have experienced at least one spontaneous abortion in her life.
And where do you get the idea that God is directly responsible for these? You're just full of illogical nonsense, aren't you?

Usually a lot more, many going undetected. Why on earth do you think men know more than God about the conditions for healthy life for a baby? And why on earth punish a woman for consciously making abortion decisions when you never complain when it is done unconsciously? Double standard based on ignorance of biology mixed with bad religious ideas.
A loss of life that is not on purpose is not the same as a loss of life that is done on purpose. The fact that we don't blame God for something He didn't do doesn't mean we aren't upset either. Some of us here know a husband and wife who lost two children to miscarriages this past year. We are all upset at these circumstances. We also know a couple who lost their first child the same way. Again, we were all upset at this. The fact that we don't blame anyone, i.e. don't think anyone was at fault for these events, doesn't mean we weren't upset.

Spontaneous abortions v. the act of intentionally killing an child yet to be born? Can you tell the difference?

I think I saw your picture the other day. I was at a birthday party and there was a game involving a blindfold and a facsimile of a tail with a pin in the top end...