ACTS 1 AND THE KINGDOM

DougE

1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. ACTS:1-8

Jesus gave commandments to the apostles thru the Holy Ghost. He spoke of things concerning the kingdom of God. Jesus told them to remain in Jerusalem and wait for the promise of the Holy Ghost.
The apostles questioned Jesus in regard to the kingdom of God. Their questions centered on the program of Israel in regard to the kingdom. They wanted to Know when Jesus would restore the prohetic kingdom to Israel.
Jesus did not correct them in regard to the coming kingdom but rather said that the time would not be disclosed at present.
Jesus gave the commission to the apostles to go out and preach faith in His name; to believe on Him as the Christ, the Son of God; to the uttermost parts of the earth.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
KINGDOM OF GOD (INSIDE YOURSELF)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rom 14:17
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Acts 14:22
22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God."
Matt 6:33-34
33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Acts 17:24-25
24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
Mark 10:15
15 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.
Matt 12:25
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
Matt 12:28
28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
Matt 8:12
12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Mark 1:15
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
James 4:7-8
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Luke 1:50
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
Rev 19:5
5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!"
Luke 12:5
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
Heb 10:29-31
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay," says the Lord. And again, "The Lord will judge His people."
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
John 3:5-7
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
2 Cor 3:5-6
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
51 "You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.
Rom 8:2
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Rom 8:5-8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Mark 10:23-25
23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!"
24 And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, "Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God!
25 "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Col 1:13-14
13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
Matt 8:12
12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
1 Pet 5:10
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
2 Pet 1:10-11
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)
xxx The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are different. Many people have as yet not entered the kingdom of God. And yet they still hold to their carnality and try to explain the Word of God with the wisdom of man. One needs to enter the kingdom of God to even be sanctified(the washing of water by the Word). One should understand that the kingdom of God is inside you. Where you will go through all the tests of crucifing the flesh(outer person) with all of its emotions & feelings. You can only enter by being led by the Holy Spirit(verses). But there are those who abide in the milk and worship in the flesh(according to their feelings & emotions) which is a deception in itself. To get into the meat(verses) one has to know the difference between the milk and the meat. And you can only find that in the meat. Being in the kingdom of God is when you have separated your inner man from your outer person. And you judge every thought and every feeling in you as separate beings. And you purge all that question or are contrary to the verses.

Luke 9:62
62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

Luke 18:17
17 "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
(NKJ)

Matt 6:9-13
9 "In this manner, therefore, pray: our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
(NKJ)

Luke 13:18-21
18 Then He said, "What is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I compare it?
19 "It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and put in his garden; and it grew and became a large tree, and the birds of the air nested in its branches."
20 And again He said, "To what shall I liken the kingdom of God?
21 "It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:20
20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.
(NKJ)
Matt 23:25-26
25 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.
26 "Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.
(NKJ)
[Luk 12:31-32
31 "But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.
32 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

TrevorL

Greetings DougE,
Jesus gave commandments to the apostles thru the Holy Ghost. He spoke of things concerning the kingdom of God. Jesus told them to remain in Jerusalem and wait for the promise of the Holy Ghost.
The apostles questioned Jesus in regard to the kingdom of God. Their questions centered on the program of Israel in regard to the kingdom. They wanted to Know when Jesus would restore the prohetic kingdom to Israel.
Jesus did not correct them in regard to the coming kingdom but rather said that the time would not be disclosed at present.
Jesus gave the commission to the apostles to go out and preach faith in His name; to believe on Him as the Christ, the Son of God; to the uttermost parts of the earth.
I was interested in your summary, and I agree. I have one question, hopefully not pre-empting what you may want to say in your next Post, but possibly taking a different direction to Squeaky.

Firstly you stopped short of the announcement of the return of Jesus in Acts 1:11. But adding this to your reference, when Peter spoke he stated the following which includes the return of Jesus and times of refreshment and restoration.
Acts 3:19–21 (KJV): 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. .

My question is: Is the above a summary of what Peter understood about the second coming of Jesus, the establishment of the Kingdom, and the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel?

Kind regards
Trevor

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Greetings DougE, I was interested in your summary, and I agree. I have one question, hopefully not pre-empting what you may want to say in your next Post, but possibly taking a different direction to Squeaky.

Firstly you stopped short of the announcement of the return of Jesus in Acts 1:11. But adding this to your reference, when Peter spoke he stated the following which includes the return of Jesus and times of refreshment and restoration.
Acts 3:19–21 (KJV): 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. .

My question is: Is the above a summary of what Peter understood about the second coming of Jesus, the establishment of the Kingdom, and the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel?

Kind regards
Trevor

I said
That was always Israels problem they assumed Jesus was talking about one kingdom when Jesus was talking about another kingdom. They assumed freedom was from other people, and Jesus was talking about freedom from sin. They assumed Jesus was talking about peace on earth, and Jesus was talking about peace inside one self. They assumed Jesus was giving them a sword to use against other people, and Jesus was giving them a sword(Word of God) to use against the devil in them.

[Mat 10:34-36
[34] "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
[35] "For I have come to 'set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law';
[36] "and 'a man's enemies will be those of his [own] household.'

[Gal 4:1
[1] Now I say [that] the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all,

DougE

Yes this is what Peter believed and he was right to. He trusted in Jesus as Christ, the Son of God and was justified to eternal life....he believed the gospel of the Kingdom....salvation centered on the name of Christ. After faith in Christ and in his resurrection the Jews had to be baptized, confess Christ, and keep the law. Peter and the kingdom Jewish believers were looking for the restoration of Israel wherein the nation of Israel would have sins blotted out, be given a new heart by the Holy Ghost to love and obey God and be a light to the Gentiles.

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
Yes this is what Peter believed and he was right to. He trusted in Jesus as Christ, the Son of God and was justified to eternal life....he believed the gospel of the Kingdom....salvation centered on the name of Christ. After faith in Christ and in his resurrection the Jews had to be baptized, confess Christ, and keep the law. Peter and the kingdom Jewish believers were looking for the restoration of Israel wherein the nation of Israel would have sins blotted out, be given a new heart by the Holy Ghost to love and obey God and be a light to the Gentiles.
I agree, but it was Jesus who was principally “the light to the Gentiles” Isaiah 49: 6 and Jesus used Paul to reveal Jesus to the Gentiles by his preaching and example:
Acts 13:46-48 (KJV): 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
Galatians 1:15-16 (KJV): 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, 16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen;

I find it interesting that after Acts 2 and 3, Luke does not give us a full record of some of the speeches, but in the following he summaries the preaching as “preaching Christ” and “preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ”, but if we compare what Philip preached to the Samaritans, the two elements “the Kingdom of God” and “the Name of Jesus Christ” can be seen in Peter’s speech in Acts 3, including Acts 3:19-21.
Acts 8:5-6,12 (KJV): 5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. 6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

We are given a similar summary of the preaching of Paul to both the Jews and the Gentiles in the following:
Acts 28:23,30-31 (KJV): 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves. 30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, 31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings again DougE, I agree, but it was Jesus who was principally “the light to the Gentiles” Isaiah 49: 6 and Jesus used Paul to reveal Jesus to the Gentiles by his preaching and example:
Acts 13:46-48 (KJV): 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
Galatians 1:15-16 (KJV): 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, 16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen;
Who is the US in Acts 13:47?

I find it interesting that after Acts 2 and 3, Luke does not give us a full record of some of the speeches, but in the following he summaries the preaching as “preaching Christ” and “preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ”, but if we compare what Philip preached to the Samaritans, the two elements “the Kingdom of God” and “the Name of Jesus Christ” can be seen in Peter’s speech in Acts 3, including Acts 3:19-21.
Acts 8:5-6,12 (KJV): 5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. 6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Philip was a Jew preaching to Jews. Where is the CROSS in Acts 8? Conspicuously absent.

We are given a similar summary of the preaching of Paul to both the Jews and the Gentiles in the following:
Acts 28:23,30-31 (KJV): 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves. 30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, 31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Kind regards
Trevor
Look at that. From the law and the prophets.

Who was the audience in Acts 28?

Act 28:29 KJV And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

TrevorL

Greetings again Right Divider,
Who is the US in Acts 13:47?
I would be interested to hear your understanding of this, but tentatively I suggest Paul and Barnabas. Paul had definitely been told that his ministry would mainly be to the Gentiles.
Philip was a Jew preaching to Jews. Where is the CROSS in Acts 8? Conspicuously absent.
I disagree, firstly the Samaritans were not Jews. Peter preached the CROSS or crucifixion to the Jews in Acts 2 and 3, so I am not sure why you want to exclude this. Also Philip preached the Cross to the Samaritans, as this is what is involved in “the things concerning the Name of Jesus”. Also in Acts 8 Philip preached to the Eunuch starting at Isaiah 53 which is definitely about the suffering and crucifixion of Jesus.
Look at that. From the law and the prophets.
Yes, the law and the prophets foreshadowed and taught the crucifixion of Jesus:
Luke 24:25–27 (KJV): 25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. .
Who was the audience in Acts 28?

Act 28:29 KJV And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
Acts 28:29 is speaking of one particular meeting that Paul had with a delegation of the Jews in Rome, but Acts 28:30-31 is speaking abot Paul’s preaching to both Jews and Gentiles.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings again Right Divider, I would be interested to hear your understanding of this, but tentatively I suggest Paul and Barnabas.
That is incorrect. As usual, you ignore the CONTEXT. The CONTEXT is that Paul is quoting scripture about Israel being a light to the gentiles.

Isa 60:3 KJV And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

Paul had definitely been told that his ministry would mainly be to the Gentiles.
Scripture doesn't really put it that way.

Act 9:15 KJV But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

I disagree, firstly the Samaritans were not Jews. Peter preached the CROSS or crucifixion to the Jews in Acts 2 and 3, so I am not sure why you want to exclude this.
Peter did NOT preach the CROSS as GOOD NEWS in Acts 2-3. Peter preached it as a MURDER weapon and indited Israel for the MURDER of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Also Philip preached the Cross to the Samaritans, as this is what is involved in “the things concerning the Name of Jesus”. Also in Acts 8 Philip preached to the Eunuch starting at Isaiah 53 which is definitely about the suffering and crucifixion of Jesus.
The WE and US in Isaiah 53 is Israel.

Yes, the law and the prophets foreshadowed and taught the crucifixion of Jesus:
Luke 24:25–27 (KJV): 25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. .

Acts 28:29 is speaking of one particular meeting that Paul had with a delegation of the Jews in Rome, but Acts 28:30-31 is speaking abot Paul’s preaching to both Jews and Gentiles.

Kind regards
Trevor
So that's why scripture only mentions Jews in that passage?

The book of Acts is about the fall of Israel and their continued rejection of Christ.

Zeke

1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. ACTS:1-8

Acts is a laced with tares, The need to connect Paul to the the historical view by tampering with the timing of his own version is dubious, The Apostle of the of inner revelation Galatians 1:12 didn't profit from the teachings of the traditional Apostles who he also reprimanded for back sliding in Galatians.
A close comparison of Galatians concerning Paul's conversion/awakening story by revelation from traditional literalism's dead letter interpretations Galatians 4:24, OT darkness Psalms 78:2, that veiled his mind to the light within himself 1 Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 5:14, 2 Corinthians 3:6, to the second hand account in Acts should expose the Acts letter is to be read with discernment and multiple grains of salt along with any doctrine built on it, still blocking entrance to the eternal kingdom by telling people its coming is restrained by some esoteric tribulation, that's an ongoing process of spiritual birth pains within man John 16:33, esoteric traditions and their interpretations are a stumbling stones Matthew 23:13.

Jew and Gentile are symbolism Ephesians 2:11-15, temporal teaching tools of separation like the flesh minded man has no inheritance in the commonwealth of the renewed Conscience that Israel of the flesh symbolized yet like all flesh they stumbled allegorically that is, Galatians 3:28, 2 Corinthians 5:17, to bring Jew and Gentile back into one body of Conscience renewal/spiritual IS RA EL the trinity of God in one body Hebrews 9:9.

People play these roles like their in Christ waiting for that presence to physically manifest when it's closer than hands or feet, Christ comes suddenly to his temple which is mans Conscience not some temple made with hands Isaiah 66:1.

Matthew 11:28, where will you go to find the rest? Colossians 1:27, the Christ in flesh not some futuristic kingdom of flesh were allegorical Israel will reign and rule over gentile people/nations. The kingdom Ask about in Acts is only revealed when its our time to receive it and understand it, Paul's message revealed it came by revelation, he wasn't a Jew or gentile any longer he was all things to all peoples 1 Corinthians 9:20-22, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.

iamaberean

It can't be too long before Jesus returns. When one reads the epistles they will find that the apostles were teaching and preaching to the children of Israel. Many of them converted and formed the Christian nations of the world.

Today, those Christian nations are being destroyed and most likely this signifies the end time in very near.

Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

TrevorL

That is incorrect. As usual, you ignore the CONTEXT. The CONTEXT is that Paul is quoting scripture about Israel being a light to the gentiles.
Isa 60:3 KJV And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
As far as context is concerned, the previous two verses are important:
Acts 13:45-48 (KJV): 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
It is Paul and Barnabas speaking, and they are the “we” of verse 46, and the “us” of verse 47. And Paul is not quoting from Isaiah 60:3, but from Isaiah 49
Isaiah 49:4-6 (KJV): 4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my worka with my God. 5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
Now Jesus did not fulfil this role during His ministry, but he commissioned Paul and Barnabas to be the light to the Gentiles. The role of Israel in Isaiah 60:3 is still future, when Jesus returns to establish the Kingdom.
Scripture doesn't really put it that way.
Act 9:15 KJV But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
But Paul also indicates what Jesus said to him early after his conversion, indicating that his work would be mainly amongst the Gentiles:
Acts 22:17-21 (KJV): 17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance; 18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me. 19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee: 20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him. 21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.
Peter did NOT preach the CROSS as GOOD NEWS in Acts 2-3. Peter preached it as a MURDER weapon and indited Israel for the MURDER of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 2 and 3 is preaching the death and resurrection of Jesus and his return to the earth to establish the Kingdom. This is the same Gospel as Philip preached and Paul preached, the things concerning the Name and the Kingdom. Refer also Acts 4:10-12.
The WE and US in Isaiah 53 is Israel.
Isaiah 52:13-Isaiah 53:12 is about the suffering, crucifixion, death, resurrection of Christ, and how this is effective to both Jews and Gentiles, for example Gentiles in Isaiah 52:15, and Jews and Gentiles in Isaiah 53:4-6.
So that's why scripture only mentions Jews in that passage?
No he received all that came unto him, both Jews and Gentiles, and his message was heard amongst the guards and others Philippians 1:12-13.
The book of Acts is about the fall of Israel and their continued rejection of Christ.
That is a very limited view of what the Book of The Acts is all about. It shows the full picture, with the spread of the Gospel into the Roman Empire, with both some Jews and some Gentiles believing the preaching of Peter, Philip and Paul. Yes, there was strong opposition by some of the Jews in some regions.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings again Right Divider, As far as context is concerned, the previous two verses are important:
Acts 13:45-48 (KJV): 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
Once AGAIN, Paul is QUOTING the PROPHETS OF ISRAEL there.

The US is NOT just the two of them, it is the entire nation of Israel.

The FOR in verse 47 means BECAUSE. The points BACK to those other verses.

Paul and Barnabas were BOTH Israelite's.

It is Paul and Barnabas speaking, and they are the “we” of verse 46, and the “us” of verse 47. And Paul is not quoting from Isaiah 60:3, but from Isaiah 49
Isaiah 49:4-6 (KJV): 4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my worka with my God. 5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
Now Jesus did not fulfil this role during His ministry, but he commissioned Paul and Barnabas to be the light to the Gentiles. The role of Israel in Isaiah 60:3 is still future, when Jesus returns to establish the Kingdom.
It is and YET Paul is STILL using it as a spiritual lesson.

But Paul also indicates what Jesus said to him early after his conversion, indicating that his work would be mainly amongst the Gentiles:
Acts 22:17-21 (KJV): 17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance; 18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me. 19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee: 20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him. 21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.
Yes, indeed.

Acts 2 and 3 is preaching the death and resurrection of Jesus and his return to the earth to establish the Kingdom.
No it is not. It is making an murder indictment. It is NOT said to be GOOD NEW anywhere in Acts 2-3.

I keep hearing people like you tell this lie.

This is the same Gospel as Philip preached and Paul preached, the things concerning the Name and the Kingdom. Refer also Acts 4:10-12.
Isaiah 52:13-Isaiah 53:12 is about the suffering, crucifixion, death, resurrection of Christ, and how this is effective to both Jews and Gentiles, for example Gentiles in Isaiah 52:15, and Jews and Gentiles in Isaiah 53:4-6.
When Christ establishes His earthly kingdom. Jews will have priority over gentiles. Not as it is NOW where there is no distinction.

No he received all that came unto him, both Jews and Gentiles, and his message was heard amongst the guards and others Philippians 1:12-13.
That is a very limited view of what the Book of The Acts is all about. It shows the full picture, with the spread of the Gospel into the Roman Empire, with both some Jews and some Gentiles believing the preaching of Peter, Philip and Paul. Yes, there was strong opposition by some of the Jews in some regions.
There is a lot in the book of Acts, but the fundamental purpose of the book of Acts is to demonstrate the fall of Israel.

Last edited:

TrevorL

Once AGAIN, Paul is QUOTING the PROPHETS OF ISRAEL there. The US is NOT just the two of them, it is the entire nation of Israel. The FOR in verse 47 means BECAUSE. The points BACK to those other verses. Paul and Barnabas were BOTH Israelite's.
Paul and Barnabas are referring to their ministry given to them directly from Jesus to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name to the Gentiles, not because they were Israelites. By the time that Paul preached at Antioch, the nation of the Israelites were no longer fulfilling the role of being a light to the Gentiles. They as a nation had rejected the light, having crucified the Light of the World.
No it is not. It is making an murder indictment. It is NOT said to be GOOD NEW anywhere in Acts 2-3. I keep hearing people like you tell this lie.
Strong language, and usually people who support a very marginal view resort to this method, rather than discussion.
Acts 2:40–41 (KJV): 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
They were saved by believing the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name.

Acts 3:16–21 (KJV): 16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution (or restoration) of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Again, they would be saved by believing the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name.
There is a lot in the book of Acts, but the fundamental purpose of the book of Acts is to demonstrate the fall of Israel.
The main theme of the Book of The Acts is to document the spread of the Gospel from Jerusalem, and throughout Judaea, Samaria and throughout the Roman Empire:
Acts 1:6–8 (KJV): 6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Whoever decided the title for this book, “The Acts of the Apostles” is closer to understand the theme of this book than what you are stating. The book of Acts mainly reveals the preaching of the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name by Peter, Philip and Paul.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings again Right Divider, Paul and Barnabas are referring to their ministry given to them directly from Jesus to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name to the Gentiles, not because they were Israelites. By the time that Paul preached at Antioch, the nation of the Israelites were no longer fulfilling the role of being a light to the Gentiles. They as a nation had rejected the light, having crucified the Light of the World.
Strong language, and usually people who support a very marginal view resort to this method, rather than discussion.
Acts 2:40–41 (KJV): 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
They were saved by believing the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name.

Acts 3:16–21 (KJV): 16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution (or restoration) of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Again, they would be saved by believing the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name.
The main theme of the Book of The Acts is to document the spread of the Gospel from Jerusalem, and throughout Judaea, Samaria and throughout the Roman Empire:
Acts 1:6–8 (KJV): 6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Whoever decided the title for this book, “The Acts of the Apostles” is closer to understand the theme of this book than what you are stating. The book of Acts mainly reveals the preaching of the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name by Peter, Philip and Paul.

Kind regards
Trevor
The book of Acts does not document the continuation of the Acts of the twelve to spread the gospel throughout the world. They STOPPED and Paul continued with a different ministry.

Please explain why Peter disappears from Acts after chapter 15. That's about half way through the book.

Your indoctrination into Churchianity is very strong. I don't think that you'll every see the truth.

TrevorL

The book of Acts does not document the continuation of the Acts of the twelve to spread the gospel throughout the world. They STOPPED and Paul continued with a different ministry.
The 12 Apostles did not stop preaching, but their ministry was mainly to the Jews, except we also have the record of Peter preaching the One Gospel also to the Gentile Cornelius.
Please explain why Peter disappears from Acts after chapter 15. That's about half way through the book.
Because the Book of The Acts is not a detailed history of the 12 Apostles, but a record of the spread of the One Gospel from Jerusalem, then throughout Judaea, Samaria and the Roman Empire. We do not hear much of what Peter and John did up until AD70, but John wrote his record of the Life of Jesus and Peter wrote his two Letters. It appears that Peter suffered and died under Nero before AD70. Paul also died before AD70, but we have a record of John and it appears that he continued to minister in the area of Asia Minor, and he wrote his three Letters, and was used by Jesus to convey the Book of Revelation, including the Letters to the Seven Congregations, and these seem to be mainly Gentile believers. So overall I do not agree with Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, and the record of the Book of the Acts does not support this theory, neither does the record of the preaching of Peter, John and Paul support this theory. John would have ministered to the Gentiles after AD70, and he would also have preached the One Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name, the same as the One Gospel that was preached by Peter and Paul.
Your indoctrination into Churchianity is very strong. I don't think that you'll every see the truth.
I appreciate your assessment, but I am glad that you are not my judge or even adviser.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings again Right Divider, The 12 Apostles did not stop preaching, but their ministry was mainly to the Jews, except we also have the record of Peter preaching the One Gospel also to the Gentile Cornelius.
Peter did NOT preach the good news of the cross to Cornelius not matter how you try to make it appear that he did.

Please feel free to show us the GOOD NEWS of the cross anythere in Acts 10:34-43

Because the Book of The Acts is not a detailed history of the 12 Apostles, but a record of the spread of the One Gospel from Jerusalem, then throughout Judaea, Samaria and the Roman Empire. We do not hear much of what Peter and John did up until AD70, but John wrote his record of the Life of Jesus and Peter wrote his two Letters. It appears that Peter suffered and died under Nero before AD70. Paul also died before AD70,
And YET we see Paul throughout the ENTIRE book of Acts and YET Peter disappears HALF WAY through the book. Your story is just fantasy.

I appreciate your assessment, but I am glad that you are not my judge or even adviser.

Kind regards
Trevor
Your insults are cute.

TrevorL

Peter did NOT preach the good news of the cross to Cornelius not matter how you try to make it appear that he did.
Please feel free to show us the GOOD NEWS of the cross anythere in Acts 10:34-43
The following underlined words represent parts of the Gospel or Good News concerning the Cross, that is, the salvation available through the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Christ.
Acts 10:34–43 (KJV): 34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. 36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all) 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: 40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; 41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of the living and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
And YET we see Paul throughout the ENTIRE book of Acts and YET Peter disappears HALF WAY through the book. Your story is just fantasy.
But Peter did not disappear, but continued his ministry. Luke is not reporting the work of Peter and the other 11 Apostles in the second half of The Acts because Luke is detailing the preaching of the Gospel by Paul in the Roman Empire, mainly to the Gentiles.

I suggest that there is One Gospel and we are introduced to this in the promise relating to the Seed of Eve, and expanded in detail in the various promises to Abraham and David. Jesus preached this Gospel of the Kingdom and Peter, Philip and Paul preached the same Gospel and added additional details relating to the death and resurrection of Jesus and salvation through the Name of Jesus.

Justification is by faith in this One Gospel. I would be interested in your understanding of the following two major Scriptures (the underlined portions) that are mentioned and expounded throughout the NT.
Genesis 15:3–6 (KJV): 3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. 4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. 5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. 6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Habakkuk 2:2–4 (KJV): 2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Do these two portions speak of justification by faith in the One Gospel, available to both Jews and Gentiles?
Your insults are cute.
Well, depending on your reply and advice on the above, I will make a better decision on whether you qualify to be my Judge and Advisor, until then I will defer my preliminary assessment.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
The following underlined words represent parts of the Gospel or Good News concerning the Cross, that is, the salvation available through the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Christ.
Acts 10:34–43 (KJV): 34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. 36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all) 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: 40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; 41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of the living and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
None of that is the PREACHING of the CROSS as GOOD NEWS. The only mention of ANYTHING related to the cross is "whom they slew and hanged on a tree". Do you think that sounds like "good news"?

Your tradition has blinded you to the simple truth contained in the Bible.

Do you think that you are acceptable to God because of your works of righteousness?

Tit 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

But Peter did not disappear, but continued his ministry. Luke is not reporting the work of Peter and the other 11 Apostles in the second half of The Acts because Luke is detailing the preaching of the Gospel by Paul in the Roman Empire, mainly to the Gentiles.
Indeed, why did Luke SWITCH from following the twelve and begin following Paul in Acts 16?

Why are there twelve apostles for the twelve tribes of Israel but only one for the gentiles?

I suggest that there is One Gospel and we are introduced to this in the promise relating to the Seed of Eve, and expanded in detail in the various promises to Abraham and David. Jesus preached this Gospel of the Kingdom and Peter, Philip and Paul preached the same Gospel and added additional details relating to the death and resurrection of Jesus and salvation through the Name of Jesus.
There are many gospels in the Bible. You're just following a tradition that is NOT the truth of the Bible.

Justification is by faith in this One Gospel. I would be interested in your understanding of the following two major Scriptures (the underlined portions) that are mentioned and expounded throughout the NT.
Genesis 15:3–6 (KJV): 3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. 4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. 5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. 6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Habakkuk 2:2–4 (KJV): 2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. 4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Do these two portions speak of justification by faith in the One Gospel, available to both Jews and Gentiles?
Abram was a gentile until God called him out and made a people separate from the rest of the world.

Well, depending on your reply and advice on the above, I will make a better decision on whether you qualify to be my Judge and Advisor, until then I will defer my preliminary assessment.
Well, aren't you special.

Get out of Churchianity and start believing the plain truth in the Bible.

TrevorL

Your tradition has blinded you to the simple truth contained in the Bible.
Abram was a gentile until God called him out and made a people separate from the rest of the world.
I was disappointed that you did not comment in detail on Genesis 15:6 and Habakkuk 2:4. Taking the second of these, it may be well known that Habakkuk 2:4 is directly quoted in Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11 and Hebrews 10:38 and is thus applied to Jew and Gentile. Another interesting but at first less obvious application of this is found in Acts 13, the speech that Paul made to the Jews and Gentiles at Antioch.
Acts 13:38–41 (KJV): 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. 40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; 41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.
The above takes us right back into the context of Habakkuk, and Paul shows that both Jews and Gentiles need to seek to be justified by faith.

Kind regards
Trevor