A New Heaven And A New Earth

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Bible speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth.

What do we know of them?

It is my understanding that from scripture we can prove that the new heaven and new earth have not yet come to be.

daqq

The Bible speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth.

What do we know of them?

It is my understanding that from scripture we can prove that the new heaven and new earth have not yet come to be.

It depends on your understanding of heavens and earth.
In the old way the heavens are the mind and every man has some Land.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Messiah, he is a new creation-creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are faithful and true.

Therefore put off the old man and put on the mind of Messiah, (Testimony of Yeshua). :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It depends on your understanding of heavens and earth.
In the old way the heavens are the mind and every man has some Land.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Messiah, he is a new creation-creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are faithful and true.

Therefore put off the old man and put on the mind of Messiah, (Testimony of Yeshua). :)
I don't follow this.

Wick Stick

I interpret "the heavens and the earth" as referring to the Hebrew nation. "The heavens" are the nobility and governors - the "small e" elohim. The earth are the people - the sons of adam - and adam means dirt.

New heavens and new earth means a new government and a new people. The new government is the kingdom of God ushered in by Jesus, and the Jews are set to the side so that "no people" can become sons of the Living God.

Jarrod

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I interpret "the heavens and the earth" as referring to the Hebrew nation. "The heavens" are the nobility and governors - the "small e" elohim. The earth are the people - the sons of adam - and adam means dirt.

New heavens and new earth means a new government and a new people. The new government is the kingdom of God ushered in by Jesus, and the Jews are set to the side so that "no people" can become sons of the Living God.

Jarrod
I don't follow you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Of course it does not happen yet. No wicked will reside in God's kingdom which is new heaven and new earth..

This is what God's people are waiting for.:)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course it does not happen yet. No wicked will reside in God's kingdom which is new heaven and new earth..

This is what God's people are waiting for.:)
Are the new heaven and new earth a different subject from the kingdom of God or God's kingdom? Not necessarily the same thing. We would need to prove it by scripture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's ok. I got tired of having followers anyway.

I know it isn't.

Jarrod
I'm not sure what you mean here.

A follower and one who follows are different. To follow an argument or a train of thought was the subject. I believe you were presenting an idea. It's okay.

What does, "I know it isn't." mean?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Are the new heaven and new earth a different subject from the kingdom of God or God's kingdom? Not necessarily the same thing. We would need to prove it by scripture.

Lord's prayer: "our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven..."

It seems to be talking about God's kingdom and it will be coming which is new heaven and new earth..

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Lord's prayer: "our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven..."

It seems to be talking about God's kingdom and it will be coming which is new heaven and new earth..
Not necessarily. We need to read scripture and find where in scripture it speaks of the new heaven and new earth. Then you can see if the context is God's kingdom.

fzappa13

1 Corinthians 2:9

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course I do. That's the point of salvation.
You do know of the Lord's prayer. He taught His disciples to pray.

When is the kingdom of God?

People pray that God's kingdom would come on earth as it is in heaven.

Can the kingdom of God be experienced here on earth? Is the kingdom of God to be experienced by believers after which point they die?

Thessalonians and Corinthians speak of the dead in Christ will rise first, then those who are alive will rise. To meet Him in the air.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 NASB - 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

But I was wondering about the kingdom of God in relation to eternal life. And when eternal life begins, here and now or in the future following death... for those who believe.

These are different discussions from that about the new heaven and new earth from scripture and the Bible.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 2:9

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
Maybe applicable. Maybe the hope we have in Christ. I'm not sure. I have thought of this verse before.