ECT A Glimpse of the Trinity

Jerry Shugart

Here we can see that there is only "One" sitting upon "the Throne of God and of the Lamb":

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

Now let us look at another place where we see "God" sitting upon that throne:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Then in the next chapter the Lord Jesus identifies Himself as the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end" (see Rev.22:12-13 and compare with Rev.22:20). Since there can be only "One" who can be the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end we can know that "the Throne of God and of the Lamb" is occupied by both the Father and the Lord Jesus. But what about the Holy Spirit? Let us look at this passage:

"And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations" (Rev.22:1-2).​

Ada R. Habershon writes the following about Revelation 22:1-2:

"'The river of God, which is full of water,' is throughout Scripture a beautiful type of the Holy Spirit, and has often been traced through Scripture...In the book of Revelation we see it proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb...there is a description of the trees growing on either side of this river; for whereever it goes the result is sure to be fruitfuless. Where the river flows now, there will be all manner of fruit all year round--the fruit of the Spirit, which is described in Gal. v.22,23" (Habershon, Study of the Types [Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 1957], p.153).​

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Alpha & Omega God the Father
Rev 1:8
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
(NIV)
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
(RSV)
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
(KJV)
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
(NKJ)
Rev 21:5-7
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
7 "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
Col 1:16-17
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
Rev 4:11
11 "You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created."
1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
Rev 1:3-8
3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Rev 1:10-20
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.
14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;
16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
18 "I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
19 "Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.
20 "The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.
Heb 10:9-14
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,
13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
(NKJ)

xxxJohn was in the Spirit hearing voices and seeing a vision. Now John heard a voice and turned around and what He seen was Jesus because God is invisible. And John fell at the feet of the One he saw not at the feet of the one he heard. Then the one he saw spoke to him which was Jesus. God was never dead or had never died, but yet Jesus the One he saw had died and was resurrected.God was the alpha & omega. But what everyone forgets is God was in Jesus doing all the works that people were crediting to Jesus. So it is easy to mistake who is who when their both in one body.

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)
xxxx The Alpha and Omega is God. The beginning and the end is Jesus or God. God is the beginning and the end for the whole creation. Jesus is the beginning and the end for the creation of the church that God the Father created.

Jerry Shugart

xxxJohn was in the Spirit hearing voices and seeing a vision. Now John heard a voice and turned around and what He seen was Jesus because God is invisible. And John fell at the feet of the One he saw not at the feet of the one he heard.

The One who John saw and heard was the ONE sitting in the "throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:304).​

According to your idea the Apostle John would not even recognize the words of the Lord Jesus!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here we can see that there is only "One" sitting upon "the Throne of God and of the Lamb":

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

Now let us look at another place where we see "God" sitting upon that throne:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Then in the next chapter the Lord Jesus identifies Himself as the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end" (see Rev.22:12-13 and compare with Rev.22:20). Since there can be only "One" who can be the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end we can know that "the Throne of God and of the Lamb" is occupied by both the Father and the Lord Jesus. But what about the Holy Spirit? Let us look at this passage:

"And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations" (Rev.22:1-2).​

Ada R. Habershon writes the following about Revelation 22:1-2:

"'The river of God, which is full of water,' is throughout Scripture a beautiful type of the Holy Spirit, and has often been traced through Scripture...In the book of Revelation we see it proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb...there is a description of the trees growing on either side of this river; for whereever it goes the result is sure to be fruitfuless. Where the river flows now, there will be all manner of fruit all year round--the fruit of the Spirit, which is described in Gal. v.22,23" (Habershon, Study of the Types [Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 1957], p.153).​

Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

LA