A fresh perspective on the glory of God

oatmeal

Seems like there are those who have limited their knowledge glory to the first two verses I have listed.

Sadly, as a result of that, they cannot rightly divide the word of truth regarding glory.

Glory is not limited to God alone, for although God is the God of glory, He is willing and able and does share that glory with others. That is men and women who are worthy of it, including the man Christ Jesus and to each and every Christian.

I will not say much more, since the verses below are quite self explanatory.

John 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Isaiah 42:8
I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Romans 2:10
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 9:4
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Romans 9:23
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

1 Corinthians 2:7
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Jeremiah 30:19
And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.

John 11:4
When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

John 12:16
These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.

John 12:23
And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

John 13:31
Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 13:48
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

2 Thessalonians 1:12
That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:1
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

Exodus 8:9
And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Glory over me: when shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, that they may remain in the river only?

Exodus 28:40
And for Aaron's sons thou shalt make coats, and thou shalt make for them girdles, and bonnets shalt thou make for them, for glory and for beauty.

Deuteronomy 33:16-18
16 And for the precious things of the earth and fulness thereof, and for the good will of him that dwelt in the bush: let the blessing come upon the head of Joseph, and upon the top of the head of him that was separated from his brethren.
17 His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Joshua 7:19
And Joshua said unto Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the Lord God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me.
Evidently, we have glory to give to God. Achan did not, he disobeyed God and denied God the glory that was due to God.

1 Chronicles 16:28
Give unto the Lord, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength.

1 Chronicles 16:29
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

Job had glory

Job 29:20
My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.

Psalm 84:11
For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Psalm 96:7
Give unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength.

Psalm 96:8
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.

Psalm 108:1
O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.

Proverbs 3:35
The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

Proverbs 4:9
She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

Isaiah 17:4
And in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean.

We have glory because God glorified us. God is willing and does glorify those who love Him by keeping His commandments.

We as sons of God receive God's glory as well.

marhig

Seems like there are those who have limited their knowledge glory to the first two verses I have listed.

Sadly, as a result of that, they cannot rightly divide the word of truth regarding glory.

Glory is not limited to God alone, for although God is the God of glory, He is willing and able and does share that glory with others. That is men and women who are worthy of it, including the man Christ Jesus and to each and every Christian.

I will not say much more, since the verses below are quite self explanatory.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Isaiah 42:8
I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Romans 2:10
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 9:4
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Romans 9:23
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

1 Corinthians 2:7
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Jeremiah 30:19
And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.

John 11:4
When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

John 12:16
These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.

John 12:23
And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

John 13:31
Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 13:48
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

2 Thessalonians 1:12
That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:1
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

Exodus 8:9
And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Glory over me: when shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, that they may remain in the river only?

Exodus 28:40
And for Aaron's sons thou shalt make coats, and thou shalt make for them girdles, and bonnets shalt thou make for them, for glory and for beauty.

Deuteronomy 33:16-18
16 And for the precious things of the earth and fulness thereof, and for the good will of him that dwelt in the bush: let the blessing come upon the head of Joseph, and upon the top of the head of him that was separated from his brethren.
17 His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Joshua 7:19
And Joshua said unto Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the Lord God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me.
Evidently, we have glory to give to God. Achan did not, he disobeyed God and denied God the glory that was due to God.

1 Chronicles 16:28
Give unto the Lord, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength.

1 Chronicles 16:29
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

Job had glory

Job 29:20
My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.

Psalm 84:11
For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Psalm 96:7
Give unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength.

Psalm 96:8
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.

Psalm 108:1
O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.

Proverbs 3:35
The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

Proverbs 4:9
She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

Isaiah 17:4
And in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean.

We have glory because God glorified us. God is willing and does glorify those who love Him by keeping His commandments.

We as sons of God receive God's glory as well.
And there's this :)

John 17:22

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

oatmeal

Amazing! Those who use the top two verses are nowhere to be found!

Well, that's fine.

Evidently, they see what scripture teaches for the first time on this subject.

Maybe they will not use those two verses as "proof texts" any more for their religious guesswork.

oatmeal

Well, good job, oatmeal

There is now no excuse for anyone to think otherwise.

No one can rightfully use the first two verses of my op to suggest that Jesus is God.

Well, not anyone that actually cares about what scripture teaches on this subject

oatmeal

The God of glory is not selfish with His glory but is willing to share that glory with those that serve him and honor and seek to glorify Him.

Not only does God do so for the ultimate servant of God, His son, Jesus the anointed one, but for all believers throughout time.

Acts 15:18

Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

It is clear that He had that in mind from the beginning for Jesus Christ and for all those who serve him for the works of God are known to Him from the beginning.

God has glorified the believers in this age of grace and had planned to do so from the beginning of the world.

Thus we can rightfully claim as Jesus Christ did. However, it is a simple matter to see that whatever our lives amount to, it is a small thing in relationship to what God had Jesus Christ do for Him and for us.