Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
8th Day 56% 14k! Meet Pastor Gene Cook

This is the show from Monday February 12th, 2007.

SUMMARY:

* Tomorrow Bob Debates Gene: Pastor Bob Enyart will debate Pastor Gene Cook of Covenant Baptist Church of San Diego tomorrow, Tue. Feb. 13, at 12 noon E.T. on the topic: Is the Future Settled or Open? If you would like to listen live over the internet, Pastor Cook suggests tuning in early to his website, UnchainedRadio.com, and "you can access the feed by clicking on the 'On Air' sign [and] you may need to 'refresh' the page to access the 'On Air' sign."

* Ed Hanks Reads from the Mailbag: Long-time friend of BEL, Ed Hanks, joined Bob in studio to read encouraging words from the BEL Mailbag! And Bob congratulated Ed for being voted onto the board of Colorado Right to Life this past weekend!

* Thanks to You!: Our annual BEL February telethon has reached $14,000 of our vital $25,000 goal!

Today's Resource: If you would like to help keep Bob Enyart Live airing for another year on the most powerful Christian radio station in America, the 50,000-watt AM 670 KLTT, please consider giving to the BEL Telethon either online, or by calling the BEL Cabin at 800-8Enyart (836-9278), or you can subscribe to the BEL Bible Study Albums, Bob's monthly Sermons, or our brand new service, the BEL Televised Classics! The mailman will deliver DVDs to your door of 4, 8, or 16 classic BEL TV shows a month for $24.99, $34.99 or $49.99! Just call us or click BEL Televised Classics!

Post Show Update: Christians testified in favor of Senate Bill 143 introduced today by Sen. Scott Renfro which would have prohibited abortion in the state of Colorado. Of course, if the life of the mother is threatened, the doctor should attempt to save the mother, and if at all possible, the baby also! Even in such a case, the goal of medical treatment would never be to kill the baby. Support for the bill was led by Brian Rohrbough, president of Colorado Right to Life, and board members Lolita Hanks and Joseph Riccobono also gave powerful testimony as did others including pro-life leaders Ken and Jo Scott. Before voting to kill the bill, the Committee voted to amend it to permit the killing of a child whose father is a rapist. That position of course was what could be described as the moral high ground of the pro-abortion advocates who testified against the bill, the bulk of whose testimony argued for abortion for rape. Thus, the "pragmatic," "pro-life" exceptions amended to the bill actually destroyed the personhood argument for the baby, and strenghened the foundation of the pro-choice position, as it does in every pro-life campaign laden with exceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

PKevman

I couldn't wait to hear this debate so I joined pastor cook's site and purchased the MP3 for like 98 cents. Wow that website is incredibly slow! I have high speed internet and it is still taking over an hour to download the show.

PKevman

I am sure pastor cook's site is ran by dial up internet. It is the only thing that makes sense. PLUS I paid for the download and didn't get the cross examinations or the call in portion of the debate. Now in order to listen to those portions I must wait through the hour of the opening statements and rebuttals......

When you guys are able to hear the whole show, you'll hear that Bob laid a whoopin' on that dude. :loser:

Bob's argument about God placing the value of human souls above His own prophecy was incredible! When Bob made the point, Gene freaked out... :hammer:

My wife almost threw up when Gene affirmed that God predestined children to be sodomized... :eek:

And to wrap up the show, Will Duffy planted the seed that will cause Gene to no longer be a Christian (Gene's own admission...) :banana:

Awesome show guys!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
My connection is capable of about 5000KB/sec.

I'm averaging about 7.0KB/sec with this yahoo's website! :yawn:
I'm downloading it now at a blazing 11 KB/sec I think I'll listen to a BEL show while I'm waiting!

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have the show if anyone needs it. We could exchange through an IM file exchange. I left my computer on all night to get the show. Still need to download the call in part of the show. The portion I have is 1:49:40. Slowest download I have seen....

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
I am really excited to hear this debate also. I am listening to the pre-- interview right now. I am sure it will come out in parts on Bob's show this week. I take it the show you downloaded can't be just e-mailed? I'm not sure what an IM file exchange is.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CRASH said:
I am really excited to hear this debate also. I am listening to the pre-- interview right now. I am sure it will come out in parts on Bob's show this week. I take it the show you downloaded can't be just e-mailed? I'm not sure what an IM file exchange is.

It is 50.2 MB. Too big for most e-mails. Does your e-mail have a size limit? I do have a lycos account where you can send unlimited size files.

IM is instant messanger. You can can send large files between users.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CRASH said:
My e-mail's limit is 5mgs I think. Which IM should I use? google? Microsft? AOL?

I can e-mail it to you though a lycos e-mail account. You can send unlimited size files.

Anyone who wants the show, set up a free lycos account and I will e-mail it to you. You can just use the lycos account for that and then just ignore it.

www.lycos.com

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Something tells me that this is going to be Gene Cook's most downloaded file ever!

The one file he probably wishes had never been made in the first place! :chuckle:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
Something tells me that this is going to be Gene Cook's most downloaded file ever!

The one file he probably wishes had never been made in the first place! :chuckle:

Get it before its gone. :chuckle:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Open Theism Debate: "Is the Future Open or Settled" Bob Enyart debates Gene Cook, Jr.

I have a better way to get the show. Anyone who wants a fast download of the show, PM me. :up:

Last edited:

Nomad

haha, I've wanted to download it but haven't been online for a long enough time to get it all :chuckle:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Adambassador said:
shouldn't people pay for it? we shouldn't share a pay for service

It's free on his site, at least for a while. I recall he said on BEL that he puts up radio shows free for a week or something, and then puts them in his subscription archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.