ECT 70 of 80 texts in the music of MESSIAH are OT

Interplanner

70 of the 80 selections used to compose MESSIAH by Handel were from the OT. But we are supposed to believe it is a separate program and that there is no grace by the tiny minds of 2P2Ps.

Danoh

Can you list them?

What a moron the guy is - he asserts a thing is so, and then follows that up with his further asserting that he has proved his case by the mere fact of his having asserted a thing is so.

Talk about the definition of delusional.

Interplanner

Grace is all through the OT.

Grace and the gospel is what would conclude Israel's destiny, and what God was going to provide to comfort Jerusalem.

The mission, not a Davidic theocracy, is what it was all going toward, because the gospel is news, and what you do is keep spreading it about. You don't set up a theocracy; you don't fight off Rome for your 'space.'

Justification from sins is the gift of God promised from Genesis.

The enthronement of Christ in the kingdom of God took place in the resurrection. The sequence of the lyrics is to put the Hallelujah Chorus right after the resurrection, not at the end of time. This is why the reformation church, for all its faults, has believed that this world was reigned by Christ by faith, not by one church body nor any of the nations. But that the message and reign were very simple to implement to the public.

All the angels of heaven worshipped Christ for the gospel he accomplished.

God's intention with the gospel was to send out a huge company of preachers throughout the whole world.

Most of this material is from the OT, so these are not the things hidden as a 'mystery.' The mystery problem comes when 1st century Judaism thinks that the incoming of the nations meant incoming to submit to the law. Judaism did not not plan on or assimilate the gospel of the sacrfice of Christ for the most part.

There is no interest or place or attention on 'land promises.' The NT disregards them in place of the exceeding grace and mission in Christ.

therefore all of these things conflict with 2P2P and it seriously shifts the 'closure' of the Biblical message and turns into to a complicated hodge-podge trying to merge the gospel and a neo-Judaism period.

Interplanner

I think STP that you are missing that I'm saying the NT doesn't have any interest or attention in the land. Are you seeing that? I think you are thinking of OT passages. Which raises the question, how are they to be related?

Otherwise show me someplace where the NT is concerned about a land promise. Rom 11 doesn't count because 'saved' is not a Davidic theocracy. It's what it always is in Romans: sins debt taken away, the new covenant, and a clear turn from sin.

SaulToPaul 2

I think STP that you are missing that I'm saying the NT doesn't have any interest or attention in the land. Are you seeing that? I think you are thinking of OT passages. Which raises the question, how are they to be related?

Otherwise show me someplace where the NT is concerned about a land promise. Rom 11 doesn't count because 'saved' is not a Davidic theocracy. It's what it always is in Romans: sins debt taken away, the new covenant, and a clear turn from sin.

The "NT" is concerned with the City and the heavens.
But the "NT" does not cancel out the land promises of old.

Interplanner

Show me plainly from Romans, Galatians and Hebrews and I'm there with you. It is theologically unnecessary and non-existent. Instead, the generation is warned of DISINHERITANCE in Acts 3.

'the meek will inherit the land (of Israel)' did make a practical offer that if the people of Judea would stop going with the zealots, it could have been saved. Likewise, the command 'if a soldier asks for help for one mile, go a second' (no confrontation with Rome). But the mission of God was still going to all nations by virtue of the message itself; it had no attachments to the land.

SaulToPaul 2

Show me plainly from Romans, Galatians and Hebrews and I'm there with you. It is theologically unnecessary and non-existent. Instead, the generation is warned of DISINHERITANCE in Acts 3.

'the meek will inherit the land (of Israel)' did make a practical offer that if the people of Judea would stop going with the zealots, it could have been saved. Likewise, the command 'if a soldier asks for help for one mile, go a second' (no confrontation with Rome). But the mission of God was still going to all nations by virtue of the message itself; it had no attachments to the land.

Show me where land promises are nullified, and I will believe it.

Interplanner

hebrews does say if they were (in Judea) thinking of where they came from (Egypt or Persia) they could have returned and they didn't, and it wasn't Judea, so... Make the right conclusion.

You should be asking the question the NT deals with: how are the promises to Israel fulfilled in the resurrection of Christ!

Your agenda is completely foreign to the apostles teaching.

SaulToPaul 2

hebrews does say if they were (in Judea) thinking of where they came from (Egypt or Persia) they could have returned and they didn't, and it wasn't Judea, so... Make the right conclusion.

You should be asking the question the NT deals with: how are the promises to Israel fulfilled in the resurrection of Christ!

Your agenda is completely foreign to the apostles teaching.

How many Israelites, who were under the law, mentioned as seeking a city in Heb 11A?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Otherwise show me someplace where the NT is concerned about a land promise.

Just the whole world, that's a lot of land.

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

SaulToPaul 2

All the believers--the remnant--the elect--, and the ones before the law weren't under it. Your ability to put together meaningful questions is a quagmire.

Once again, how many Israelites (under the law) were said to be looking for a city in Heb 11A?