ECT 1 Cor. 15:4

Mocking You

1 Cor. 15:4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

What scripture(s) is Paul referencing here?

DAN P

1 Cor. 15:4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Hi and spme believe that the 3 day is mentipned in Matthew ,are in 16:21 , 17:23 ; 20:19 and there are more in Matt !

Also in Mark 9:31 , 10:34 !

Also in Luke 9:22 , 13:32 , 18:33 and there are more verses !

So then , the " scriptures " mentioned in 1 Cor 15:4 are in the Gospels of Matthew , Mark and Luke !!

dan p

Mocking You

Hi and spme believe that the 3 day is mentipned in Matthew ,are in 16:21 , 17:23 ; 20:19 and there are more in Matt !

Also in Mark 9:31 , 10:34 !

Also in Luke 9:22 , 13:32 , 18:33 and there are more verses !

So then , the " scriptures " mentioned in 1 Cor 15:4 are in the Gospels of Matthew , Mark and Luke !!

dan p

So you're saying that Paul had access to the Gospels written by Matthew, Mark, and Luke and that these Gospels were written before 1 Corinthians. Is that correct?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

The entire rest of the bible . . . the full Gospel of Jesus Christ permeates the entire Holy Scriptures.

But MADists have reduced the Gospel message down to only 4 verses, and made a mystical, magical formula, that is to be chanted, in order to get saved.

Gnosticism . . .

Good questions, you! ;)

Truster

So you're saying that Paul had access to the Gospels written by Matthew, Mark, and Luke and that these Gospels were written before 1 Corinthians. Is that correct?

Well spotted and thanks for putting a smile on my face.

The scripture being referred to is, 'And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.' this of course is from Luke and Luke traveled with Paul. There are a number of things that Paul says in his epistles that could only have come via Luke.

Then we have Hosea 6:2, Isaiah 53:10, Psalm 16:10 and Psalm 2:7.

Thanks again.

Mocking You

Well spotted and thanks for putting a smile on my face.

The scripture being referred to is, 'And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.' this of course is from Luke and Luke traveled with Paul. There are a number of things that Paul says in his epistles that could only have come via Luke.

Then we have Hosea 6:2, Isaiah 53:10, Psalm 16:10 and Psalm 2:7.

Thanks again.

I'm not seeing a direct reference to Jesus being buried and raised again three days in any of those verses. Yes, it can be inferred, in hindsight.

Psalm 16:10 is alluded to in Peter's Pentecost sermon in Acts 2:31.

DAN P

Hi and much speculation as to when the Gospels were written and the same goes for Paul's epistles as to when he wrote his first one !

Not sticking my neck to far and will look at it again !

dan p

Truster

I'm not seeing a direct reference to Jesus being buried and raised again three days in any of those verses. Yes, it can be inferred, in hindsight.

Psalm 16:10 is alluded to in Peter's Pentecost sermon in Acts 2:31.

''That seeing they shall see and not perceive and hearing they shall hear and not comprehend''.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Hi MY,

I hope this helps you!

The mystery of Christ/a mystery hidden in the scriptures/ hidden in plain sight is found in Isaiah 53. From there, we can see that that Christ would die for some men's sins. They would be the “our” in the context of "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures".

It was a mystery prior to the revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). It's called the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery which God ordained before the world unto "our" glory (a further study of the "our" at the time Paul preached it during Acts were these Acts 13:16 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV).

See that it was a mystery here and why God kept it secret here (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

The mystery of the gospel (term found here Ephesians 6:19 KJV) is a later revealed mystery that included the likes of us, like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter, who in time past were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). But now (Ephesians 2:13 KJV) were fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God’s promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) with Paul, the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Thessalonians… That God God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them, that God would have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth and that the man Christ gave Himself a ransom for all was testified in due time and Paul was the due time testifier (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Acts 20:24 KJV, Ephesians 2:13-18 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV)!

Together all of those saved from the beginning of Paul's ministry (the "we" Ephesians 1:12 KJV), and the "ye" (Ephesians 1:13 KJV the Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians and those of us today that are saved) Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV are the twain made one new man! It is the fellowship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,...:

Notice: "hid in God" not a mystery “according to the scriptures”.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hi MY,

I hope this helps you!

The mystery of Christ/a mystery hidden in the scriptures/ hidden in plain sight is found in Isaiah 53. From there, we can see that that Christ would die for some men's sins. They would be the “our” in the context of "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures".

John W disagrees with you. He does not believe Isaiah 53 revealed anything "sacrificial" on the part of the Christ.

I agree with you when you say, "Christ would die for some men's sins." This is the Truth and the Gospel proclaimed by Isaiah.

The only persons whom the Gospel was kept hid, were reprobates, for whom Christ did not shed His sacrificial blood on the cross.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Ezekiel 37. Israel will be born again (resurrected). Jonah, whom the Lord specifically mentioned while hiding the meaning.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John W disagrees with you. He does not believe Isaiah 53 revealed anything "sacrificial" on the part of the Christ.

I agree with you when you say, "Christ would die for some men's sins." This is the Truth and the Gospel proclaimed by Isaiah.

The only persons whom the Gospel was kept hid, were reprobates, for whom Christ did not shed His sacrificial blood on the cross.

John W does not disagree with her. The hag is telling lies to promote her devil worship. The "some" is Israel, and all gentiles can be included in accordance with Genesis 12.

heir

TOL Subscriber

It's called the mystery of Christ. I already know that you reject that the one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

It's called a flat out refusal by you to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
John W does not disagree with her. The hag is telling lies to promote her devil worship. The "some" is Israel, and all gentiles can be included in accordance with Genesis 12.
Israel and SOME Gentiles: Only those in the promise were included then! Genesis 12:3 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV

I know I don't have to tell you that we were at that time, time past having no hope and without God in the world...Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV

but now~

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
:up:
Yep! Only those in the promise were included then! Genesis 12:3 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV

I know I don't have to tell you that we were at that time, time past having no hope and without God in the world...Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV

but now~

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

It is not clear that you believe that Jesus died for all men at all. You say it is so, and then add a mountain of conditions that make it impossible for His ransom to be effectual for all.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is not clear that you believe that Jesus died for all men at all.
I believe 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV. You reject it.

You say it is so, and then add a mountain of conditions that make it impossible for His ransom to be effectual for all.
Nope. No conditions! God will save anyone, anwhere, no matter what they were doing while they were there, when they trust the Lord for salvation believing what Christ did for them (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV. You reject it.

Nope. No conditions! God will save anyone, anwhere, no matter what they were doing while they were there, when they trust the Lord for salvation believing what Christ did for them (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

but not before Paul you say.

LA